UK & Schengen visa required for Thai girlfriend

Hi folks, and thank you for allowing me to join the forum.

When covid19 allows i want to invite my Thai girlfriend over to the UK for a holiday, in addition I would also like to take her over to my place in Spain,  I am a resident there as well.

I have a national insurance number in Spain and I'm a resident NOT A CITIZEN.

Any advice / guidance would be most appreciated. 

Thank you

Tony 

• 2 weeks later...

As a resident in Spain you are entitled to invite her. She will have to approach the Spanish Consular section and apply accordingly. I am not sure if that applies to this country but it is a general thumb of rules that, if you can prove that you are in an established relationship (not an Internet one), the application will be under "private visit" which seems to make things easier. Of course that is because of the current situation and it might evolve with the presence of the virus. Kindly note that you have to apply at the country where you will spend the most time ( or the first country of entry )

As you're also wishing to take her to the UK she'll also require a visa for the UK, Schengen States normally require that if an applicant is also visiting a third country then that visa is obtained first. I don't know for sure if that applies if you are classed as a resident of Spain, but I think so.