Gear oil Vios

meuok

I checked my wife gear oil level (2012 Vios 160K) and on the dip stick, it states that it's not necessary, under normal conditions, to change the gear oil.  However, if you google the subject, you should change every 100,000km.

Can anyone clarify this?

Edited by meuok

1 minute ago, meuok said:

I checked my wife gear oil level (2012 Vios 160K) and on the dip stick, it states that it's not necessary, under normal conditions to change the gear oil.  However, if you google the subject, you should change every 100,000km.

Can anyone clarify this?

Manual or Auto..?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, meuok said:

I checked my wife gear oil level (2012 Vios 160K) and on the dip stick, it states that it's not necessary, under normal conditions, to change the gear oil.  However, if you google the subject, you should change every 100,000km.

Can anyone clarify this?

What does the service manual recommend  ?

21 minutes ago, meuok said:

Can anyone clarify this?

Nowadays automatic gearboxes boxes oils mostly in a vehicles lifetime need only checking but there are oil companies that make the stuff recommend you change it at certain mileages go figure.

Up to you.

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If the owners manual say 100,000k then that's what you should do. The fluid itself is not expensive. Just take it to Toyota.

Yep, I personally would change CVT fluid at around 30,000km, auto fluid around 80,000km, manual oil, 80,000km..

Like you say, doesn't cost much for that little extra peace of mind..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If the owners manual say 100,000k then that's what you should do. The fluid itself is not expensive. Just take it to Toyota.

I to take it's an auto-box to and agree if he wants to change it  but OP doesn't state what kilos the motors done or the way the car is used.

Another oils change subject that's always debated.