Lazada merchant dispute process

jojothai

I have used  Lazada to purchase many items and not had much problem, 
cancellations  sometimes when the merchant cannot deliver the goods. However i got the credit ok each time.
However it looks like i have a problem this time. Ordered some perfume for the missus that she likes but its discontinued in main stores.
The price i found was nothing special, similar on a few places.
However, the merchant has sent me a different product thats no use. Besides its something like 25% cheaper. Clearly looks a scam.
I raised issue to return the product and get a refund but the merchant has refused saying they gave me the product ordered, but I have not received.
I have now registered a dispute on Lazada to still try to get  a refund.

If the merchant is a problem, i dont know how this will progress .
I'm posting here to ask for any advice from people who may have gone through the dispute process .

How did you get on.? Any tips on things that you may have had to do to get the refund?

Is there a consumer protection law here that can be used to backup claim for a refund?

I cannot find any other posts on similar topics so its possible that mods may consider it against the rules,

but I do recall having seen posts before criticising problems with getting a refund because a foreigner cannot have a wallet. I already found their solution to that.
I am not complaining about Lazada or defaming anybody. I just want any advice i can get to help with getting a refund. If mods dont accept it then delete it.
Suppose that some replies could be seen as a problem, so please refrain from any comments dafaming lazada or any other parties.

Not sure that will help. Perhaps better if I ask for any advice by PM to avoid that happening.

For a refund you would have to submit returning the products within the given timeline on the website or app account. Then after that a dispute would follow, if you got the wrong product delivered the merchant will get a chance to fix that, if not you would usually get the money back.

If you win the dispute you win. If you lose, you lose and that will be the end.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1