Pattaya hotels that accept a small dog

poppysdad

Hi, my Thai partner and myself fancy going to the firework festival at the end of the month but she won’t go if the hotels won’t accept her small dog. So rather than going through every available hotel website searching for the info does anyone here know of hotels that will definitely accept guests with a small dog. 
many thanks. 

There is also a pet filter on Airbnb. This is what we used for a recent trip to Phuket and Krabi.  For Pattaya they have over 70 pet friendly pool villas starting at about 3,000 THB/night. Just avoid any property with Chinese management. 

Edited by pj123

On 11/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, pj123 said:

There is also a pet filter on Airbnb. This is what we used for a recent trip to Phuket and Krabi.  For Pattaya they have over 70 pet friendly pool villas starting at about 3,000 THB/night. Just avoid any property with Chinese management. 

Why would you avoid property with Chinese management and how would you know the nationality of the management in the first place?      I live where it's Chinese managed and unless I had been told so I  would not have known?

On Airbnb you can spot the Chinese managed properties by the name of the host, Chinese language in the descriptions and the amount of Chinese language reviews. Example: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/31509635?check_in=2020-12-09&check_out=2020-12-11&source_impression_id=p3_1605533528_V4KlOq%2B6HUMXMZNr&guests=1&adults=1

You should also note the number of bookings "cancelled by host" as this indicates groups of properties that are managed by a company or individual and they will often try to change your booking to another property a few days before you check-in.  I had a recent bad experience in Phuket with such a host. 

My first choice is a Thai host and second a European host

Thanks for the more replies but decided on the Oakwood as it seems to get many favorable reviews. Wouldn't want a villa as the purpose of going is to see the firework festival and wouldn't want to be driving my car into town and find nowhere to park close to the event and not a fan of airbnb.

Lets hope its worth the effort of driving from Hua Hin although were quite prepared to be disappointed and will make the best we can of a weekend away.

Below the program for the Fireworks Festival from a Thai source with the help of Google Translate. I could not find an English version.

Friday 27 November 2020 

6.00 PM: the performance of the Yothavathit from North Pattaya Beach to the festival site
 19.00 Thai Muay Thai Culture Promotion
 19.10 Open Fireworks Festival in Pattaya.
 19.15 hrs. The opening ceremony of the Chai Tiger Drum
 7:20 PM Firework show set 1, A Great Time to Celebrate
 19.35 hours, the show from the floating market in 4 regions
 19.50: Firework show set 2, Brilliant Napa, Pattaya, Sawan Beach
 8:05 p.m .: Min artist concert
 21.00 Firework show set 3, stars dancing
 21.15: The show from Ban Chang Pattaya
 9:30 p.m. Firework show set 4 Light is Life, the lights of life
 21.45: Big ass concert

Saturday 28 November 2020

6.00 PM: the performance of the Yothavathit from North Pattaya Beach to the festival site
 19.15 hrs. Show from Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Pattaya, set 1
 19.20 hrs. The 1st show, Pattaya, Sawan Beach, can be enjoyed by all ages every day.
 19.35 hrs. Show from Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, Pattaya, set 2
 7.50 p.m. Firework show set 2 at dusk  Pattaya the starry sky
 8:05 PM - Boom Boom Cash Concert

21.00, the third firework show enchanting the night opens the clouds.
 21.15 hrs. Show from Suanthai Pattaya
 9:30 PM: the 4th set: Lights of Celebrate
 21.45: Buddha Bless Concert
 22.45 finish the activity.