What visas can be transferred to Elite-Visa

November 9: I have started Elite Visa Application.

I have heard it takes 1-2 months (I also called the company and they said the process is speeding up as opposed to summer. It took this gentleman 2.5 months to get it starting mid-August -> Link here: My journey to Elite Visa)

I am in Switzerland. STV is out for us for ...probably a long time

...I am doing TR-Visa 60 days now (https://thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/57.html#detail)

Capture.JPG.2bf39d6259371b5680d8f7788f4044e9.JPG

I was wondering if anyone has experience with elite-visa and what visas can be transferred to elite-visa?

(My plan is to just enter with a simple 60-day-Tourist-Visa, tan at the beach and wait for the elite visa ...I have until end of January)

Edited by daviddunham
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, daviddunham said:

November 9: I have started Elite Visa Application.

I have heard it takes 1-2 months (I also called the company and they said the process is speeding up as opposed to summer. It took this gentleman 2.5 months to get it starting mid-August -> Link here: My journey to Elite Visa)

I am in Switzerland. STV is out for us for ...probably a long time

...I am doing TR-Visa 60 days now (https://thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/57.html#detail)

Capture.JPG.2bf39d6259371b5680d8f7788f4044e9.JPG

I was wondering if anyone has experience with elite-visa and what visas can be transferred to elite-visa?

(My plan is to just enter with a simple 60-day-Tourist-Visa, tan at the beach and wait for the elite visa ...I have until end of January)

you dont need any visa to get the elite-visa

I doubt you'll get a tourist visa faster than your Thailand Elite membership is approved. It'll probably be easier to wait for confirmation letter and then apply for entry documents through TE. In that case, you can get Elite visa affixed at the airport upon arrival.

But who knows, maybe magic happens and things will start moving this month ???? 

10 minutes ago, redpill17 said:

I doubt you'll get a tourist visa faster than your Thailand Elite membership is approved. It'll probably be easier to wait for confirmation letter and then apply for entry documents through TE. In that case, you can get Elite visa affixed at the airport upon arrival.

But who knows, maybe magic happens and things will start moving this month ???? 

Tourist Visa = 5 to 7 days

Elite Visa = 1.5  to 3 months

5 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

You bought it and dont know what you bought? TEV is the visa.

Because the Tourist Visa 60 day is new (as of Nov 9 2020) "noone" knows for sure if that can be extended.

For example I have been told that STV (Special Tourist Visa) cannot be extended to TEV inside Thailand

• Like 1

10 hours ago, daviddunham said:

Because the Tourist Visa 60 day is new (as of Nov 9 2020) "noone" knows for sure if that can be extended.

It had been on some embassy websites before the 9th.

Dependent upon which website you go on there is no mention of it not being extension for changed to a different category of visa. Just looked on the Bern embassy website and does not say it either.

https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/57.htmlembassy 

I just checked a embassy website that said it could not be changed to a different visa before and it has been removed. I think it was mistake due them using the requirements for a STV that cannot be changed to different visa.

On 11/11/2020 at 7:12 AM, Caldera said:

Sounds like a good plan! You can change from your tourist visa to Elite in country once your Elite visa is ready.

Under normal circumstances, one must leave the country for this to take place. The Elite Visa is put into your passport airside at the airport and you then get stamped in under it by immigration. Apparently some Embassies can now put it into passports, but not aware of people doing it in Thailand. 

UJ has subsequently corrected my comment... see next post

Edited by jacko45k

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Under normal circumstances, one must leave the country for this to take place. The Elite Visa is put into your passport airside at the airport and you then get stamped in under it by immigration. Apparently some Embassies can now put it into passports, but not aware of people doing it in Thailand. 

That is not 100% correct. About any visa entry can be changed to a Thai Elite PE visa at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

It does require leaving and re-entering the country if you are on a long stay extension.