November 11, 20205 yr Popular Post I would go for Toyota every time. Best small engine and auto gearbox, by a long way.
November 11, 20205 yr Author 7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said: Both good motors, which one do you like. ???? I like both so either one is OK with me just looking for advice
November 11, 20205 yr Popular Post 1 hour ago, offset said: I like both so either one is OK with me just looking for advice My advice would be to drive them both make sure the tyres are at the recommended pressure and decide for yourself, maybe just an interior finish in either one could sway you one way or the other. Enjoy your new car whatever. . Edited November 11, 20205 yr by Kwasaki
November 11, 20205 yr I've had both and found that the Honda Jazz is the best buy and warranty coverage. The Toyota Yaris we had developed a crack front brake pad under the 3 year warranty with only 9,000km on it and Toyota would not honor the warranty and made me pay almost 4,000 THB for replacement and labor. I will never buy another Toyota.
November 11, 20205 yr Space wise if you are around 1.8 CM tall or more the Honda is good, found the Yaris felt smaller, back and front, where as the Honda I could sit comfortably in the back seat when I set the front seat up for myself. Head room is better in the Jazz. I don't know if the Yaris does a 1.5l motor like the Honda, the 1.2l seemed ok , most other brands also have 1.2l motors which must have to work harder? I bought a Jazz in 2018 it didn't have Andriod/carplay which was disappointing, and I find the road noise bad on long trips, but great around town. I believe resale for both cars is good. Having previously owned a Fortuna I was not impressed with the local Phuket dealer, luckily the company pulled out of the Honda dealership. Maliwan took it over and I have had good service with them.
November 11, 20205 yr No contest. Honda Jazz better finished, better service, far quieter & great servicing Yes, I am on my 3rd Honda
November 11, 20205 yr I have a Honda City, the other Car is a Yaris. I considered the Jazz as we like Honda hence the City, but I felt for size, price etc the Yaris was a better buy. I also felt the Yaris looked and felt more "solid" in comparison.
November 11, 20205 yr Popular Post Honda Jazz is a 1.5 litre motor, Toyota Yaris is a 1.2 litre motor. Both are good cars, I'd lean towards the Jazz for more grunt, the Yaris in terms of reputation for quality, and cost. Personally, I prefer the Mazda 2 because they have stuck with the torque converter gearbox, which has a long history of reliability, and moreover is better in hilly terrain. Both the Yaris and Jazz have CVT gearboxes which require stringent servicing.
November 11, 20205 yr 2 hours ago, natway09 said: No contest. Honda Jazz better finished, better service, far quieter & great servicing Yes, I am on my 3rd Honda Agreed, sister-in-law had a Yaris, chopped it in last year for a Honda Jazz... much better car all round.
November 11, 20205 yr I would checkout the new Honda city hatchback due to be released end of this month.
November 11, 20205 yr Both over rated, shop around, many brands now to choose from and equally as good.
November 11, 20205 yr I am thinking the same as 'Offset' but when you actually try to buy a new Honda Jazz you soon find out that they have been discontinued. probably because they don't meet current safety standards. India doesn't want them any more. The salesman don't tell you all that and just try to push you towards other models, which rang alarm bells for me. The new City does meet some standards but is a 1.2 L engine. I even looked at the Yaris Cross but that's still a 1.2 L but with electric assistance. I do like the Vios models but I've kind of stalemated myself into a corner and don't know quite what to buy now. I do agree with other posters that the 1.2 L models seem a bit too tight for me on space. I don't like this mixed electric nonsense at all, but I would have an electric car if only there were more charging points around. I don't think that will happen soon here in Thailand.
November 11, 20205 yr Honda for resale , but pretty plastic front end , not a Yaris fan , I’ve driven them
November 11, 20205 yr Author I will wait for the new Honda City Hatchback to come out before deciding on which to buy, I had a good discount offered to me on the Toyota but nothing at Honda which makes the Toyota much cheaper and a better spec.
November 11, 20205 yr 10 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said: Both over rated, shop around, many brands now to choose from and equally as good. Giving examples of said brands might be somewhat more useful to the OP.
November 12, 20205 yr "Best small engine and auto gearbox" ???? Those are toys, not cars and no gearbox. It's CVT just like scooters. Edited November 12, 20205 yr by The Theory
November 14, 20205 yr On 11/12/2020 at 6:52 AM, Lacessit said: Giving examples of said brands might be somewhat more useful to the OP. Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Hyundai, Kia, MG.
November 14, 20205 yr 1 minute ago, johng said: Why not ? Its very basic, I've had various mechanical problems with it and just don't find it very comfortable.
November 15, 20205 yr On 11/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, DiDiChok said: I am thinking the same as 'Offset' but when you actually try to buy a new Honda Jazz you soon find out that they have been discontinued. probably because they don't meet current safety standards. India doesn't want them any more. The salesman don't tell you all that and just try to push you towards other models, which rang alarm bells for me. The new City does meet some standards but is a 1.2 L engine. I even looked at the Yaris Cross but that's still a 1.2 L but with electric assistance. I do like the Vios models but I've kind of stalemated myself into a corner and don't know quite what to buy now. I do agree with other posters that the 1.2 L models seem a bit too tight for me on space. I don't like this mixed electric nonsense at all, but I would have an electric car if only there were more charging points around. I don't think that will happen soon here in Thailand. The honda city is a 1.0 turbo. It has the same torque at the 1.8 honda civic. Noone would couplain about a lack of space in it, unless you are 250 pounds+. There is a new city hybrid out soon - with a 1.5 motor and 253nm of torque, and apparently coming with the the honda sensing system as well. There will also be a honda city hatchback with the 1.0 turbo from the city. This appears to be replacing the honda jazz at some stage. It seems we won't get the new design jazz from Japan.
November 15, 20205 yr Honda jazz. More headroom. More storage. Honda is the only car I have ever owned. Never had a reason to look elsewhere. Dependable cars.
Create an account or sign in to comment