Honda Jazz v Toyota Yaris

offset

I've had both and found that the Honda Jazz is the best buy and warranty coverage.  The Toyota Yaris we had developed a crack front brake pad under the 3 year warranty with only 9,000km on it and Toyota would not honor the warranty and made me pay almost 4,000 THB for replacement and labor. I will never buy another Toyota.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Space wise if you are around 1.8 CM tall or more the Honda is good, found the Yaris felt smaller, back and front, where as the Honda I could sit comfortably in the back seat when I set the front seat up for myself. Head room is better in the Jazz. I don't know if the Yaris does a 1.5l motor like the Honda, the 1.2l seemed ok , most other brands also have 1.2l motors which must have to work harder? I bought a Jazz in 2018 it didn't have  Andriod/carplay which was disappointing, and I find the road noise bad on long trips, but great around town. I believe resale for both cars is good. Having previously owned a Fortuna I was not impressed with the local Phuket dealer, luckily the company pulled out of the Honda dealership. Maliwan took it over and I have had good service with them.

I have a Honda City, the other Car is a Yaris.

I considered the Jazz as we like Honda hence the City, but I felt for size, price etc the Yaris was a better buy. I also felt the Yaris looked and felt more "solid" in comparison.

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

No contest.

Honda Jazz better finished, better service, far quieter & great servicing

Yes, I am on my 3rd Honda

Agreed, sister-in-law had a Yaris, chopped it in last year for a Honda Jazz... much better car all round.

• Like 1

I am thinking the same as 'Offset' but when you actually try to buy a new Honda Jazz you soon find out that they have been discontinued. probably because they don't meet current safety standards.  India doesn't want them any more.  The salesman don't tell you all that and just try to push you towards other models, which rang alarm bells for me.  The new City does meet some standards but is a 1.2 L engine.  I even looked at the Yaris Cross but that's still a 1.2 L but with electric assistance.  I do like the Vios models but I've kind of stalemated myself into a corner and don't know quite what to buy now.  I do agree with other posters that the 1.2 L models seem a bit too tight for me on space.  I don't like this mixed electric nonsense at all, but I would have an electric car if only there were more charging points around.  I don't think that will happen soon here in Thailand.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, DiDiChok said:

I am thinking the same as 'Offset' but when you actually try to buy a new Honda Jazz you soon find out that they have been discontinued. probably because they don't meet current safety standards.  India doesn't want them any more.  The salesman don't tell you all that and just try to push you towards other models, which rang alarm bells for me.  The new City does meet some standards but is a 1.2 L engine.  I even looked at the Yaris Cross but that's still a 1.2 L but with electric assistance.  I do like the Vios models but I've kind of stalemated myself into a corner and don't know quite what to buy now.  I do agree with other posters that the 1.2 L models seem a bit too tight for me on space.  I don't like this mixed electric nonsense at all, but I would have an electric car if only there were more charging points around.  I don't think that will happen soon here in Thailand.

The honda city is a 1.0 turbo. It has the same torque at the 1.8 honda civic. Noone would couplain about a lack of space in it, unless you are 250 pounds+. 

There is a new city hybrid out soon - with a 1.5 motor and 253nm of torque, and apparently coming with the the honda sensing system as well. 

There will also be a honda city hatchback with the 1.0 turbo from the city. This appears to be replacing the honda jazz at some stage. It seems we won't get the new design jazz from Japan. 

• Like 1