"Gateway to Koh Samui!" Pier now repaired at a cost of 75 million baht

webfact

"Gateway to Koh Samui!" Pier now repaired at a cost of 75 million baht

9pm.jpg

The pier at the main port on Koh Samui has now been repaired at a cost of 75 million baht.

Channel 7 said that the Harbour Department completed the repairs after many complaints that the pier was dangerous both in its structure above and below and could cause incoming boats to be damaged. 

Local district chief Theerapong Chuaychu said that the Nathon pier was a gateway to Samui for tourists, locals and fishermen.

He said it had been repaired many times but was now better than ever with many new features.

Source: Channel 7

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-11

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

75 million for what ? Bet if I went and looked I wouldn’t see any difference and probably has the taxi thugs still sitting there thinking they own the road telling people to move if they try waiting to collect people coming off the ferry . 

I think that you would loose that bet.

From what I have seen on my last couple of trips, not so many foot passengers these days. Most passengers have their own transport.

Whilst you may not like taxi drivers, just remember that they are struggling to put food on the table for their families. Difficult times for many here.

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Whilst you may not like taxi drivers, just remember that they are struggling to put food on the table for their families. Difficult times for many here.

They always could look for a job, I always read the Thailand has virtually no unemployment, and needs immigrant workers to do the work