Hummer

DD18

Really enjoying this thread so far. Can't say I'd ever buy one myself (I'd be too annoyed by the constant speculation on the size of my penis) or even think of a reason to consider buying one. Can't think of anything a Hummer can do which my Hilux can't do either, albeit with appropriate preparation and forthought. And the difference in price between the two would easily pay for the preparations necessary to equal or better the Hummer's off road ability with enough left over for a bit of camping gear. So the question still begging an answer from the OP is "why"? "She" has had plenty of opportunity to answer this and choses not to so my guess is....TROLL. :o

why do I want to buy a hummer? Typicaly female reason I suppose, I like how it looks, but as said I will try it out, if it awful to handle etc then will try something else. Not bothered about the fuel consumption etc or the boring stuff lol. Looks, colour and gadgets.

Let the girl buy what she wants to buy. She just asked where to buy one, and got jumped on (typical TVers, but usually not in the motoring forum).... If you want to help, help her answer the question.

She's based in Phuket anyway, so no use telling her about the tight sois in bangkok. I'm happy for all you Vios/Camry/altis/(insert p.o.s car) and how easy it is for you to drive in a little soi, and your pick ups with your little brown girl next to you, but if the girl wants to buy a Hummer, who cares?

Somebody already mentioned the place to get one... I've a friend with an H3, not my style as I like coupes but he loves it.

Buy what you want, don't listen to the haters livin on 30k a month....

I vaguely remember that Hummers cost in the vicinity of 7 million baht and I have a feeling that a test drive would require a 100k deposit.

I also have a feeling we'll soon see the replay of that Borat scene sans pussy magnet part.

Range Rover Mk III ?

Nice and Quick, Luxurious inside, great sounds system, easy to navigate bkk streets...

Equally as suited to rough beach and potholed roads as it is to rolling up at a top end hotel suited and booted...

Apart from the 4x4 bashing, I can’t think of a more suitable car if you have that budget.

Is Hummer not a little too Arnie ?

They Had an H3 on display in Siam Paragon a few months back…

Do you need a pussy magnet in LOS? Just being a farang and opening up your wallet normally does the trick. Anyway, here in Asia you always have to pay for your women one way or another :o

Would never buy one, apart from being a monstrosity they are overpriced, underpowered and for ego-maniacs.

The yanks in Germany drive them around the barracks a lot. Great looking in its own right, but utter sht in built-up areas and over sized.

I'd rather own / drive a land rover defender or Suzuki Carib.

Let the girl buy what she wants to buy. She just asked where to buy one, and got jumped on (typical TVers, but usually not in the motoring forum).... If you want to help, help her answer the question.

She's based in Phuket anyway, so no use telling her about the tight sois in bangkok. I'm happy for all you Vios/Camry/altis/(insert p.o.s car) and how easy it is for you to drive in a little soi, and your pick ups with your little brown girl next to you, but if the girl wants to buy a Hummer, who cares?

Somebody already mentioned the place to get one... I've a friend with an H3, not my style as I like coupes but he loves it.

Buy what you want, don't listen to the haters livin on 30k a month....

Thanks for support, quite surprised at reaction. Anyway am debating having a pink hummer just to be different!!!

Range Rover is on list to look at along with porsche and landcruiser.

Personally I'd take the Range Rover Sport or Porsche Cayenne over a Hummer any day, and hey if Pink is your thing go for it.

Dont pay any attention to the naysayers, a car is an extension of your personality so take whatever makes you happy!

Hey I just remembered, I did a visa run to Mair Sot once and saw a Thai Army Hummer. Also was just watching a movie on TV and John Travolta ask "How many miles to the gallon do those Hummers do, 15?" to which the cool black guy (forget his name) replied "Actually 9". :o

I think I would prefer the Merc myself. Give me comfort anyday.

As for me, the happiest day of my life will be when we can tell OPEC to eat their oil. I hope to see that in my lifetime but it is doubtful. :D

The Hummer certainly doesn't help my dream to come true. If Suzuki ever comes out with a diesel version of their little 4X4 I'll be waiting in line to buy one. Diesel is the best option for me and Mother Earth at this time.

Fuel prices at the pump are such a small part of my expenses that the cost savings is quite negligent. The satisfaction of stretching that liter of diesel fuel is VERY satisfying for me.

Unfortunately I do have a gasoline burning car. The anemic, underpowered Ford Focus 1.8 liter engine does worse on 95 octane gasoline that my Nissan pickup does on the cheaper diesel. I knew it was a mistake to buy the car but we must keep the little woman happy. :o

Unfortunately I do have a gasoline burning car. The anemic, underpowered Ford Focus 1.8 liter engine does worse on 95 octane gasoline that my Nissan pickup does on the cheaper diesel. I knew it was a mistake to buy the car but we must keep the little woman happy. :o

Hi Gary, I was in the Ford showroom in Loei looking at the focus a few months back, he showed me the same model that 'Mr Gary' had purchased... the Ghia Saloon.

Hi Gary, I was in the Ford showroom in Loei looking at the focus a few months back, he showed me the same model that 'Mr Gary' had purchased... the Ghia Saloon.

Just today I had the Focus back to the dealer for the 5,000 kilometer dealer specified check up. Regular service intervals are at 15,000 kilometers. My wife complained that the air con wasn't working properly. The dealer found mouse turds on the engine so they tore apart a lot of the engine compartment and some of the interior looking for a mouse nest. None was found but at least they tried. They did top off the air con freon or whatever refrigerant they use now. I thought it was OK before but now the little woman says it is better so who am I to complain. My only complaint was that I wasn't satisfied with the headlights. I was sure they needed re-aligned. They indeed did and although I haven't driven at night yet, I'm sure the problem was corrected.

Now for the surprise. NO CHARGE for anything. It took nearly four hours so waiting was the only problem. I was impressed with the thorough check up and even more surprised that it was free.