STV London

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon the embassy or official Thai consulate you are apply at.

As far as I know only the embassies in China, France and the UK are using the online visa site.

yeah i got messed about between the 2 sites, but followed joe's advice from earlier in thread..London embassy website is a no-go, and with covid lockdown in uk, they're not answering phone anymore, and emails are not replied too... so i went this route and came to a dead end.  the  idiot proof video they display, to show you how to apply as a non-thai.. is for Thais..so doesn't match.. Typical (

its changed the last 2 weeks,  thai embassy in london has changed the rules,  due to recent lockdown, therefore stv application has changed, as joe has said.   that's how i see it....but Tim i'm interested how you bought flights and paid your ASQ,  paid for those, and downloaded them as application seems to require, before knowing if you could be accepted?  u did that ?

Following measures by the UK government to control the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person consular services by the Royal Thai Embassy, London, from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020 will be temporarily suspended. Visa and legalisation services will continue to be provided only by post.  We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.  If you wish to contact the Embassy for urgent inquiries regarding visa applications, please send an email to [email protected].

You can still apply for your visa https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

That is not the Embassy web site

Maybe you will not have the option to submit your documents in person but you can still do by post.

Requirements-

For tourism purpose (single entry tourist visa only)

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, tourists who meet the requirements below can apply for single entry tourist visa at www.thaievisa.go.th and the Certificate of Entry to go to Thailand.  

Required documents : 

1. Your passport copy 

2. Travel booking confirmation

3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand (All tourists are subject to 14-day quarantined at ASQ hotels at their own expenses.)

4. UK/Irish bank statements from the past 6 months showing a minimum of £12,800 maintained throughout the past 6 months.

5. Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

6. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

50 minutes ago, marlene72 said:

its changed the last 2 weeks,  thai embassy in london has changed the rules,  due to recent lockdown, therefore stv application has changed, as joe has said.   that's how i see it....but Tim i'm interested how you bought flights and paid your ASQ,  paid for those, and downloaded them as application seems to require, before knowing if you could be accepted?  u did that ?

You need the visa first, You don't need ASQ  booking to apply for visa

After you get your visa you can then apply for the CoE

ok Tim cheers, glad u found it so easy. Be interested to see how others get on, if any apply?  As im tech savvy, lived in thailand for 10 years, ex thai elite member, fully aware of thailand and how it works, and im not finding it easy at all.  Hope others fair better, i've chucked it.   thks again joe and tim.

I have been trying ALL day to apply for the Tourist Visa on the thaievisa.go.th site.

You are required to have your Flight Booking,ASQ Hotel and ALL other information Ready to Upload....I am very Concerned about spending 50k baht on ASQ and having my application rejected on a technicality as I don't have 12k in the bank for 6 MONTHS I can show for the Last Month only

on the ''london thai facebook'' page its saying some people are literally just screen shotting the flight they   ''intend '' to book !  the asq i dunno how to pre book that with no commitment. it seems its all "Now" set up..for you not too bother, but they claim they're open for biz etc..  london embassy has almost closed shop on surface due to lockdown, until 2nd dec.... others on here will say this and that but im looking to hear from someone like you and me who's pulled this off, in last 5 days. here's hoping.  Tim16 has been helpful but he's quoting from 2 weeks ago, and the process is now different im sure. 

I have just watched a vlog and they applied for the visa and after receiving it then registered for the COE where they started the process of flights/hotels/insurance. That was a month ago so maybe it has changed. Will start my process beginning of December and hope to fly 1st February ????

what looks like whats happened is, they have shifted all uk people applying to the ministry, from the london embassy..due to covid.. the thai ministry website has not been adapted to the changes for the new toursit visa, still asking for labourious details before giving u anything at all. thats now my take.

2 hours ago, marlene72 said:

what looks like whats happened is, they have shifted all uk people applying to the ministry, from the london embassy..due to covid.. the thai ministry website has not been adapted to the changes for the new toursit visa, still asking for labourious details before giving u anything at all. thats now my take.

It seems that way

Tony,  I have applied online thru the Ministry website. over on the facebook ldn help page they told me to not be so fussy and gave me a few hints,  in the pre flight booking i got thru to just before the payment part and photoscreened my intended flight booking, did the same with the ASQ hotel i looked at online, got 90 pct thru reservation, photo screened the intended booking, and downloaded them, health insurance i have from my revolut card, they let you issue and photo shoot that too on your phone. signed an printed the declaration form, on the bank statement front they also told me over on fb page that they are casual about what u send as long as u show u got ample funds, and i also hear on here they maybe dropping the 15k savings thing soon anyways, so assume they will be casual on that front.  anyways my point is i'll keep u posted as ive submitted a toursist visa application now, and waiting.  I also mentioned i was a previous elite visa holder and was locked out due to covid and since, my elite has expired. I also mentioned im a   condo owner,  hoping that these things will swing them, as i'm hoping i'm the 'type' they want to let back in. i'm only 48yrs, so this visa only one available to me at present.  keep u posted. 

oh and i dated my potential arrival for dec 28/29th fyi, giving myself ample time if they take a while getting back to me. 

22 hours ago, marlene72 said:

Tony,  I have applied online thru the Ministry website. ... keep u posted. 

oh and i dated my potential arrival for dec 28/29th fyi, giving myself ample time if they take a while getting back to me. 

Good luck. Did you send your passport off straight away or are you waiting to hear something back first?

On 11/14/2020 at 11:16 PM, tony2times said:

I am very Concerned about spending 50k baht on ASQ and having my application rejected on a technicality as I don't have 12k in the bank for 6 MONTHS I can show for the Last Month only

That's not a mere technicality, as you currently don't meet one of the published requirements. I agree with your conclusion though, it makes no sense for you to apply only to get rejected.

18 hours ago, JHicks said:

Good luck. Did you send your passport off straight away or are you waiting to hear something back first?

The passport does not need be sent to the embassy unless you are applying for a visa.

It is not required to get a certificate of entry.

10 hours ago, marlene72 said:

send my passport where?.. there's no need to send your passport anywhere.. only time passport needed is when u upload a copy of it, too the ministry website, whilst filling in form.

Thanks - I realise now you were talking about the COE at that point. I was talking about the SETV process. I thought you'd applied and assumed you'd done it online. It's not totally clear what docs they require so I was wondering if you're supposed to wait for some kind of notification that your application is OK before sending your passport in. There's a status tab on the website but I don't know if it changes to "approved" at any point.

On 11/18/2020 at 12:57 AM, Caldera said:

That's not a mere technicality, as you currently don't meet one of the published requirements. I agree with your conclusion though, it makes no sense for you to apply only to get rejected.

Caldera they have changed the rules from the UK ...You don't need 6 months Bank Statements now...just need to show sufficient funds for your trip

On 11/16/2020 at 5:39 PM, marlene72 said:

Tony,  I have applied online thru the Ministry website. over on the facebook ldn help page they told me to not be so fussy and gave me a few hints,  in the pre flight booking i got thru to just before the payment part and photoscreened my intended flight booking, did the same with the ASQ hotel i looked at online, got 90 pct thru reservation, photo screened the intended booking, and downloaded them, health insurance i have from my revolut card, they let you issue and photo shoot that too on your phone. signed an printed the declaration form, on the bank statement front they also told me over on fb page that they are casual about what u send as long as u show u got ample funds, and i also hear on here they maybe dropping the 15k savings thing soon anyways, so assume they will be casual on that front.  anyways my point is i'll keep u posted as ive submitted a toursist visa application now, and waiting.  I also mentioned i was a previous elite visa holder and was locked out due to covid and since, my elite has expired. I also mentioned im a   condo owner,  hoping that these things will swing them, as i'm hoping i'm the 'type' they want to let back in. i'm only 48yrs, so this visa only one available to me at present.  keep u posted. 

Hi Marlene, sorry for the late reply AND Thank you soooo much for the details

I will try to do the same Re:Flight Booking and ASQ Hotel...I have about £10k in my savings account so I'm hoping to show that.

One question tho I have is do you need to list your accomodation for "After" the 15 day ASQ Hotel?

Archived