Insurance Options to Satisfy COE Application?

I've given up on getting a Non OA in the US due to the paperwork challenges. I'm now going the Non O route since it now appears to be an option to get back in.  I am planning on applying for a retirement visa in BKK.

What are some options for insurance to satisfy the COE?  Any company recommendations etc. appreciated.

1 hour ago, farangkrab said:

I've given up on getting a Non OA in the US due to the paperwork challenges. I'm now going the Non O route since it now appears to be an option to get back in.  I am planning on applying for a retirement visa in BKK.

What are some options for insurance to satisfy the COE?  Any company recommendations etc. appreciated.

safetywing or tarwick ?

This is another option for the covid 19 insurance. https://covid19.tgia.org/

The embassy and official consulates do have info about applying for a non-o visa for retirement yet. But others that do have it require you get the same insurance as needed for a OA visa.

Another option is to apply for the new single entry tourist visa and then apply for the non-o visa at immigration here. Info for the tourist visa is here. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This is another option for the covid 19 insurance. https://covid19.tgia.org/

The embassy and official consulates do have info about applying for a non-o visa for retirement yet. But others that do have it require you get the same insurance as needed for a OA visa.

Another option is to apply for the new single entry tourist visa and then apply for the non-o visa at immigration here. Info for the tourist visa is here. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

Thanks so much ubonjoe.  So if I apply for the TR visa in the link you sent, I wont have any problem applying for the Non-O once I'm in BKK?  I would then apply or covert it into a retirement visa?  I've read so much and my brain is a little bent.  At one point I thought I read you had to come in on a certain visa to apply for the Non-O.  Sorry I've confused myself.  OMG...

10 minutes ago, farangkrab said:

So if I apply for the TR visa in the link you sent, I wont have any problem applying for the Non-O once I'm in BKK?

You would apply for a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

Requirments are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you would apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement at immigration. If using the 800k baht option you would need to have the 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would apply for a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry.

Requirments are here: https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/08-edit_NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you would apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon retirement at immigration. If using the 800k baht option you would need to have the 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Thanks again.  Is the TR visa in your link 60 or 90 days?  Also, how long will I need to provide proof of insurance for?  For the duration of the TR visa only or will I need it also for the non immigrant visa etc?

19 minutes ago, farangkrab said:

Thanks again.  Is the TR visa in your link 60 or 90 days?  Also, how long will I need to provide proof of insurance for?  For the duration of the TR visa only or will I need it also for the non immigrant visa etc?

The tourist visa allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. The covid 19 insurance would need to be valid for the 60 day entry you will get.

On 11/14/2020 at 7:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

The tourist visa allows a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days. The covid 19 insurance would need to be valid for the 60 day entry you will get.

Joe, I just received some of the docs I was waiting for to apply for to Non-Immigrant Category O-A here in the States.  This was my original plan, as I thought to keep my money invested when applying for the retirement visa and not have it sit in a Thai bank.  I am now thinking I may pursue applying for the O-A here.  Any thoughts on which path is better in the long run for the retirement visa, if any?  I know I have to provide (more) insurance when applying here but the extra cost would probably be nullified by keeping my money invested.  Thanks krap

9 hours ago, farangkrab said:

Any thoughts on which path is better in the long run for the retirement visa, if any?

A OA visa is a good long term option especially at this time if you can get the required insurance. I suggest you get 2 years of insurance so that you do not need to get a new policy to get additional one year entries.

You will need the covid 19 insurance valid for a year from the day you enter the country.

• Like 2

I transited through Bangkok yesterday to ASQ facility.

non o single entry.

3 travellers in line were refused entry due to wording on their policies. 
I took the Thai Embassy in Canberra online 12 month option for thb14400.

No questions re this policy, straight through...well it took 3.5 hours...

10 hours ago, farangkrab said:

Any thoughts on which path is better in the long run for the retirement visa, if any

Just my opinion. I would obtain the tourist visa. After entry it's simple to obtain non o at immigration. That gives you 90 days. In last 30/45 days obtain your annual extension based on retirement. If you can afford to just leave the 800k in the bank then that's a good idea. Annual extensions are a breeze.

Be aware that for your initial extension you need to show that the 800k came from overseas.

BTW, clearly im not up to date with the non O retirement option mentioned above. 

Non O retirement previously was not available in the US?

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

BTW, clearly im not up to date with the non O retirement option mentioned above. 

Non O retirement previously was not available in the US?

The non-o visa application at most embassies and consulates is not possible since they do not issue them. If you already have a extension of stay based upon retirement with a re-entry permit or a still valid multiple entry non-o visa it would be possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MAF666 said:

I took the Thai Embassy in Canberra online 12 month option for thb14400.

No questions re this policy, straight through...well it took 3.5 hours...

Do you have a link for the insurance you used?  I went to the Canberra site but didn't see it.  Thanks

50 minutes ago, farangkrab said:

Do you have a link for the insurance you used?  I went to the Canberra site but didn't see it.

https://covid19.tgia.org/

Probably cheapest option when applying from a low-risk covid-19 country (Australia is in that category).  The policy is age-independent, same price for a 25 year old or  an 85 year old.

Only your nationality and period of coverage determine the premium for this covid-19 ONLY insurance.