year extension based on marriage - ID card address different to Actual address

Im going to apply for a 1 year of marriag ebased on marriage.

My wifes ID card has the address of property we own but do not live in, we also have the blue book for that house which says shes the owner of that house and she lives in that house.

But we dont live in that house we live in another house that we own and hve the blue book for, the blue book says she owns the house but does not mention she lives in the house.

What do i give to immigration?

Do i give a copy of the blue book for the house actually live in?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need copies the blue house book she is registered in. And the blue book for the house you are living in with proof she owns it.

And as a follow up, if we changed her residential address into the blue book where we actually live, then also added my name to that blue book.

Would that cause problems that her Thai ID card address and blue book address are different? 

1 minute ago, STD Warehouse said:

And as a follow up, if we changed her residential address into the blue book where we actually live, then also added my name to that blue book.

You cannot be registered in a blue house book. You could get a yellow house book for it.

1 minute ago, STD Warehouse said:

Would that cause problems that her Thai ID card address and blue book address are different? 

She would have to get a new ID card showing the same address as her house book registry.

6 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Doesnt the blue book say that she owns the house?

I don't think it does.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot be registered in a blue house book. You could get a yellow house book for it.

She would have to get a new ID card showing the same address as her house book registry.

I don't think it does.

When I was at the Amphur getting the Kor Ror 22 last week, they sais they could put my name into her blue book for the house we live in, maybe we missed understood?

So if we dont want to get a new ID card then we should keep her address in the blue book whic corresponds to the ID card?

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think it does.

So in the house blue book it says "jow baan", which i thought people recognised as meaning house owner?

22 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

When I was at the Amphur getting the Kor Ror 22 last week, they sais they could put my name into her blue book for the house we live in, maybe we missed understood?

Either you misunderstood or the gave you false info. Only Thais and those with permanent residency can be in a blue house book.  Maybe they meant a yellow house book that is tied to a blue house book.

9 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Yes

The amphoe would issue a new one when she changes her house book registry.

9 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

So in the house blue book it says "jow baan", which i thought people recognised as meaning house owner?

That means house master. Normally that is the owner.

13 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

https://www.thailandlawonline.com/article-older-archive/thai-house-registration-and-resident-book

What is a tabien baan or Thai house book?
Tabien baan or Thai house book is the official local government issued house or apartment address and resident registration booklet. It is an administrative document issued by the local municipality (amphur). The persons having their domicile or legal residence at the house or condo unit are registered in the house book.

Contrary to what is often assumed by foreigners this document has nothing to do with ownership of a house or condo and cannot be used as proof of ownership. It is a booklet issued by the local municipality (not the land department) that belongs to the official address registration papers of a home or condo and its practical use is that it registers and proves a persons place of legal residence (official domicile). A house book could state the name of the owner but in the case of a foreign non-resident owner not (unless he has official residency in Thailand).

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need copies the blue house book she is registered in. And the blue book for the house you are living in with proof she owns it.

Thanks for all your useful answers,

For immigration what would be considered proof she owns the house we currently live in?

5 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Chanote only proves she owns the land, someone else could own the house that is located on the land

Immigration would accept it as proof though. It is rare for houses to be built on land they do not own unless they get a Usufruct.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration would accept it as proof though. It is rare for houses to be built on land they do not own unless they get a Usufruct.

The Usufruct owner would be listed on the Chanote (as of course would the registered owner). As a point of information, a superficiary or a (less commonly) a lease can also provide the right to build a house on the land.

As I understand, there will be a certificate issued at the amphur for the house being built, but that wouldn't affect the chanote, and wouldn't affect the blue book unless the residents are Thai in which case they may also be entered in the blue book and could be registered as the 'jao baan' as someone mentioned above, if the actual owner already was registered in another blue book elsewhere and didn't want to go onto to the blue book for some reason

I recently went through the process of getting a new blue book for a new piece of land and the Amphur wouldn't issue a blue book unless there was a liveable structure on the property

1 hour ago, roath said:

I recently went through the process of getting a new blue book for a new piece of land and the Amphur wouldn't issue a blue book unless there was a liveable structure on the property

That is correct and another requirement is that a house number has been issued for it as well by the village head. Went through all that when we built a house on lots my wife owned already with a purchase contract but no chanote for several years due to the bureaucracy for rural villages. The land office finally came to the village to arrange chanotes for everybody that did not have one.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

I don't think it does.

Blue says who lives there,  not who owns the property

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is correct and another requirement is that a house number has been issued for it as well by the village head. Went through all that when we built a house on lots my wife owned already with a purchase contract but no chanote for several years due to the bureaucracy for rural villages. The land office finally came to the village to arrange chanotes for everybody that did not have one.

I am in a moo baan so every plot of land has a house number and a chanote already sorted out. Seems another advantage living in a moo baan based on what you've said

6 minutes ago, roath said:

I am in a moo baan so every plot of land has a house number and a chanote already sorted out. Seems another advantage living in a moo baan based on what you've said

There was already one house number issued for the lots for a small house my wife's mother was living in. 

In the rural areas they do not have street names or numbers in the villages.

It will of course vary from province to province, as always, but maybe you don't have to make it too difficult.

Here in Chiang Mai copies of these documents were sufficient for immigration:

- Rental contract, my girlfriend is renting it in her name

- House book for the house, but it's empty, nobody has been registered in it

- Landlord's ID card

- Girlfriend's ID card

My name doesn't show up in the rental contract, but my girlfriend verbally told the IO that I'm staying with her.

Following this logic, in your case if you take copies of your wife's ID card and the house book for the place where you are staying, this might already be sufficient. If your wife isn't going to the immigration office with you then let her write down that you are staying with her.

Edited by jackdd