Love scams by foreigners.. what about domestic love scams

DJ54

Love scams by foreigners have been in the news and authorities 

Are addressing the problem. On the flip side what is being done 

About domestic (Thai) love scams? 

Basically referring to: supposedly certain workers (profession)scam foreigners and the workers domestic boyfriend scams the girlfriend (worker).

What’s being done to address the domestic issues..

I’m not looking for replies.... I’m hoping that someone opens their  eyes and decide to do something about it...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Basically referring to: supposedly certain workers (profession)scam foreigners and the workers domestic boyfriend scams the girlfriend (worker).

I’m not looking for replies.... I’m hoping that someone opens their  eyes and decide to do something about it...

In respect of these scams of Thai ladies. When is it a scam and when just stupidity? A scam would mean some (organized) fraud. But if you build for instance a house on the land of the your Thai girl and she kicks you out was it a scam? Hard to prove. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your replies.....  I’d spent my money careless 

a few years back and no grudges I should have known better....

What I was trying figure out if my theory is correct. ... 

My Theory... 

a retired working lady has a son in his late teens. His Mama is too

old fir the trade.... does she teach the boy how to take money from

a currently or recently retired working lady of the night...

why i ask is i know two young men that take money from there 

working lady girlfriends. One of them mother and were both in 

the business.. the other don’t know much about mother.

It would nice if males are conning the working ladies .. educate the

ladies or make laws that would persuade the men trying the con.

Again Thanks everyone ... like most say don’t invest more than your

willing to loose...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

image.jpeg.2604378abaa16dc6c82ead8d46a73e92.jpeg

If your not looking for replies, Prayut already has a solid method - give it a try!

But, if you're getting scammed, it's usually your fault. If you're going to marry, or be with someone considerably younger than yourself, then your asking for it.

Why would a young pretty girl want to be with a fat retired old farang. Consider this, if you think that you would get dirty looks from others walking the streets with your girl in your home country, then she's probably too young for you and is in it for the money.

Is this her fault? NO. That's the price you pay for trying to swim in waters that're far too deep for you.

Are you a woman?

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

My Theory... 

willing to loose...

We call these men pimps.  Hope this helps.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tonray said:

When she says "I love you" she doesn't mean it in the western sense

When I was young, I had trouble saying it because I thought there was an impossible "forever" aspect to the word... while my GF meant and wanted to hear it in a momentary commitment type of way... 

And yes, in a poor culture, where marrying & loving wisely is an asset more than an emotional state, you are correct... don't tell me you love me, show me. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Don't you look or read Th news????

23 hours ago, DJ54 said:

1) "...done to address the domestic issues"

Probably nothing will be done, it's good for foreign currency income...????

2) "...hoping that someone opens their eyes"

More ???? should read – and remember, and learn from – the letter the Finish guy received decades ago about a sick buffalo.

Not the I wrote "letter", it was before the era of electronic mail, so plenty of time for an eyeopener...:thumbsup:

If someone should not know the letter, I'll share it here – Tikka probably didn't know about the value of Finish mark...

Dear Tilac,

I love and miss you so much. Now I have big pomprem. I tell you before that my buffalo me sick. Now it die. Fall down dead in middle of rice field. but, when it fall, it land on Papa and break him leg in three places. Now he not work.

Brother me make stretcher from bamboo he take from loof of house. Now loof collapse and rain get in house. Brother she take Papa to hospital on motocycle. She have accident coming home. Run into police car. Brother me to blame. Police say we have to pay big money.

Motocycle OK. Police car no good. Now give Mama have heart pomprem. Doctor say she need triple bypass. I not understand what is, he say you know. If you not help me I have to go with many, many farang to pay bill. The old people in my village in Roi-et say it all your fault. If you give me money to buy medicine for sick buffalo when I ask you, then it not die, Papa not break leg, house still have loof, brother not ride into police car and Mama not have heart pomprem.

Please send for me 200,000 baht for my bank.
Papa fix: 10,000,
new loof:30,000,
New police car 100,000:
Mama fix:50,000.
I take off 2,000 bht for sell buffalo meat, but have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have pomprem eat no good meat - 12,000bht.

I not know money England but my friend me say it about 54.4564 baht to GBP.
This mean you send me 7,419.1227 English money. Big money for me, little money for you.

I love you too much long time. Tikka

Edited by khunPer
typo
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, khunPer said:

1) "...done to address the domestic issues"

Probably nothing will be done, it's good for foreign currency income...????

2) "...hoping that someone opens their eyes"

More ???? should read – and remember, and learn from – the letter the Finish guy received decades ago about a sick buffalo.

Not the I wrote "letter", it was before the era of electronic mail, so plenty of time for a eyeopener...:thumbsup:

If someone should not know the letter, I'll share it here – Tikka probably didn't know about the value of Finish mark...

Nothing new on the world, except maybe Covid, In both Ph and Nigeria big posts : This property is not for sale....

7 hours ago, DJ54 said:

My Theory... 

willing to loose...

I really don't get your point.  These women are giving money to their boyfriends willingly, correct?  So what's the freakin problem?  You should consider that there may be more to the story that you're just not privy to. 

It would behoove you to avoid meddling in other peoples' business, especially if you don't have the full story.  This would be sound advice even back home.  In a foreign country, this could be good for your health. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJ54 said:

My Theory... 

willing to loose...

There are plenty individual stories – and reasons – you might not know the full background; and there are furthermore a huge cultural gap in difference between Western-way-of-thinking and Thai-way-of-thinking.

The gold-digger stories about Thai ladies are plenty, some takes small amounts, other rips off "blue eyed" aliens; but in almost all cases the alien freely gives the money, or do not do his homework and fall for the good old trend...

Thai ladies are voted as the best housekeepers in the World – you buy, they keep!

I remember the story about one of the famous Thai cellebraties, that got engaged to a well know Thai man, and got 100 million baht (yes 100,000,000) in engagement sin sot (dowry), and a huge diamond ring. Relative shortly thereafter she broke the engagement. The man wanted the sin sot returned, but she insisted on keeping it (I'm not sure how it ended)...

Engagement_13_b.jpg

Reading through Thai culture it's in general the girls' job to feed a family – even that a husband is considered provider when it's a question of marriage – and as boys are more important than girls, it's not unusual that a sister provides for both her brother, and her parents (could be mom only), and/or eventual grand parents.

Often a Thai girl will take money from her fiancee – I was surprised that we farangs are not the only ones paying, even more than Thai men can pay relatively more – I know girls that takes her fiancee's full monthly salary, and handing him some pocketmoney in return. She might both be saving money up for a future marriage, and she might also use some money to provide for her own family.

About moms teaching children. I've met a young girl who was the younger daughter of a former working lady – she only knew that her father was a black American that her mom had met in Pattaya – but now her mom was getting too old to work, so she demanded 15k baht a month from her two daughters; kind of return of "milk money" from raising them. The oldest daughter had already got a farang husband and moved abroad, but she now had children and family of her own to care for, so the 15k baht monthly burden was left for the youngest daughter to fulfill. She had to work same trade as her mom to make that kind of money. I wonder if she ever would be able to afford a family of her own, if she didn't find a rich provider...????

On the other hand, feelings and love can be very passionate – might even be more in Thailand, than we cold-blooded Westerners are used to – I know girls that are so much in love with their husbands, that they work to provide, and even buy gold for him so he can make face, whilst he don't care about work; quite opposite of "the husband is the provider"-philosophy.

However, I've also seen Western men being so passionately in love with their Thai partner, that they gladly give almost all to her...????

My first close encounter with a Thai girl was equivalent to a close encounter to some level of a gold-digger, but I fully understand her needs, and for me it was a calculated risk, which however didn't work out the right way from my point of view – i.e. the right value for money, kind of business agreement – but had I been more "blue eyed", and in passionate love with her, and much less calculating, I might have ended up quite poor...:whistling:

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, DJ54 said:

Who is the weak part of the game? The man who go in to it with open eyes and money in his pocket, or the village girl who have hope for the future for her and her family? Its such a dirty business, so I will part with the girl any time above any man. Its a jungle, and it is necessery to be a survivor no matter who you are, or where you are.

Edited by Tagged

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Who is the weak part of the game? The man who go in to it with open eyes and money in his pocket, or the village girl who have hope for the future for her and her family? Its such a dirty business, so I will part with the girl any time above aby man. Its a jungle, and it is necessery to be a survivor no matter who you are.

Very serious considerations.... Almost philosophy. 5555555555

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In case nobody mentioned this until now: It seems there are also lots of Thai/Thai scams going on. 

It's not only that Thai girls scam farangs. Thais scam Thais as well, probably a lot more than farangs.

It is a good time for a reminder of this article about the survey done by Durex

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/580072-durex-survey-women-from-ghana-and-thailand-‘most-unfaithful’/

Edited by Tagged

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In case nobody mentioned this until now: It seems there are also lots of Thai/Thai scams going on. 

It's not only that Thai girls scam farangs. Thais scam Thais as well, probably a lot more than farangs.

I mentioned before... The lady scamming Ths into buying cars, etc... look Th news on Ch 5 , 5 , 7.....