making a bike quieter

steve2112

4 hours ago, steve2112 said:

If you can take it apart you can baffle it more.

Maybe you get away with putting some stone wool into the exhaust. 

And to be sure: never use steel wool. It might work to make it quieter but it burns so don't do it.

Another option might be that you ask a motorcycle shop to do the LTD for you.

I have a small Suzuki with a relative loud (not very loud) aftermarket exhaust. I bought it new and the shop installed that for me.

Last year I had the first inspection after 5 years were they checked the bike. I let my Suzuki dealer do it. No problem. 

10 hours ago, steve2112 said:

has anyhow tried? does it work or any tips how to make it quieter without buy the stock pipe?

You obviously didn't read the comments in your link

Fast delivery, product is good quality but for my pipe the sound didn’t go down very much. It might depend on the pipe that you have! FYI my pipe was a Leo Vince gp corsa for a cb500x. It brings the noise level down a bit, but not enough for me to use! I would from 100% it goes down in sound to around 90% or 80%.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:56 AM, johng said:

Put the stock standard exhaust pipe back on,   as it will have the T.I.S.I stamp on it which the DLT want to see as well as it being quieter than 100 dB

I took my bike to DLT for inspection for transfer name,  new book, new number, CTPL and tax disc. 

My Yoshimura after market slip on can be quite noisey but only standing still reving it. 

Other that that it ticks over at a deep 4 inline rumble.

The DLT inspector didn't even start it let alone look at the exhaust box. 

Recently for renewal of tax & ins I took it to a local test place,  they started it and stuck this pipe thing down and it tested OK.

So what's stock standard does DLT really know,  sounds like a strict DLT OP went to. 

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So what's stock standard does DLT really know,  sounds like a strict DLT OP went to. 

They should and most likely do know  that the stock standard "muffler" on bikes sold/produced in Thailand is supposed to be stamped with a T.I.S.I   stamp  from the factory  like this

1742048910_T.I.S___P_20181005_140412(Large).jpg.9649674e23316a55ece5b5d3ad2e38f1.jpg

Obviously some DLT's are stricter than others and the OP found a strict one   maybe an "Agent" could smooth the way ???

Some after market exhausts like Leo Vince ones are supposedly  T.I.S.I   certified  I don't know if they have a  stamp on them too or there is some other way the DLT know they are legal or not.

1 hour ago, johng said:

They should and most likely do know  that the stock standard "muffler" on bikes sold/produced in Thailand is supposed to be stamped with a T.I.S.I   stamp  from the factory  like this

1742048910_T.I.S___P_20181005_140412(Large).jpg.9649674e23316a55ece5b5d3ad2e38f1.jpg

Obviously some DLT's are stricter than others and the OP found a strict one   maybe an "Agent" could smooth the way ???

Some after market exhausts like Leo Vince ones are supposedly  T.I.S.I   certified  I don't know if they have a  stamp on them too or there is some other way the DLT know they are legal or not.

Yeah good call, my Yoshimura exhaust is 20 years old or more.

It has no stamp numbers as such, just what looks like Chinese letters and then R & D made in America with a 9 at end.