Volunteer visa VS Thai wife extension visa, both priced 40000 around Pattaya, which one would you choose ?

Hiya, around Pattaya a volunteer visa or a wife extension, both 1 year without visiting immigration in person, are available.

They are both overpriced, especially the wife extension, knowing that it's possible to do it alone for 1900.

But what about the volunteer visa, do you think that it's safe ? Do they offer it all around the country ? or is it only at Pattaya ? And is the price similar everywhere ?

What is your experience please ?

With both visa you need to report every 3 months but the agent will do it for you, so it really means a full year without visiting any immigracave.

Anyway all this is a lot cheaper than the elite visa that doesn't give any advantage, but I would like to get your feedback about the volunteer visa without being volunteer anywhere...

Thanks.

Do it yourself. Save 38,100. Have your wife help you, go for a marriage visa. Ask specific questions on this forum.

Give something to do, and in the process learn some useful things. It's not vaccine science.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, salsajapan said:

With both visa you need to report every 3 months but the agent will do it for you, so it really means a full year without visiting any immigracave.

As you can do the reports online there’s no need to visit immigration. The only thing is do you have the financial basis for the marriage extension, if you do then the cost for the agent is ridiculous.

Take your wife to Soi 5 immigration. See one of the female officers at the back of the office (not the desk at the entrance), they deal with marriage visas etc. Let your wife talk directly to them in Thai and make sure she writes down exactly what the officers want. If you follow their instructions exactly then you can do it yourself but it is a hoop jumping exercise.

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No they don’t. They deal with marriage extensions.

They also deal with folk that entered Thailand on a visa exempt or tourist visa and are attending immigration  to obtain non O visa based on retirement/marriage etc.

if you are truly married and meet the financial requirements, why not go for the fully-legal marriage extension?  why put yourself in the position where you could lose your "right" to stay in thailand when the government eventually cracks down on "questionable" visa extensions?

since you're neither working nor volunteering, you should have the time to sort it out yourself.

43 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

since you're neither working nor volunteering, you should have the time to sort it out yourself.

He said he's married... That is even more time consuming. Like working and volunteering and paying for the pleasure.

9 hours ago, fishtank said:

No such thing as a Marriage Visa.

Maybe you mean a 12 month extension of stay based on having a Thai Spouse.

Actually that’s not true either. My bro has a one year nonO visa  based on marriage issued  by a Thai embassy. 
Sticker takes an entire page.

clearly says VISA top of the sticker.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:39 PM, salsajapan said:

On a marriage extension the 90 day report can be done online... no visit required, if however it doesn't work then a quick trip and a new date will be given free of charge, usually fast tracking any queues for visas.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

On a marriage extension the 90 day report can be done online... no visit required, if however it doesn't work then a quick trip and a new date will be given free of charge, usually fast tracking any queues for visas.

And you don't have to go personally anyone can take your passport there. Edit; As has been said many times, the first extension can be a headache, but if you do it yourself then the following years are easier , why pay 40,000 for a couple of days of jumping through the hoops, and even then you will have to supply necessary docs.

12 hours ago, seeriipaap said:

He said he's married... That is even more time consuming. Like working and volunteering and paying for the pleasure.

really?  i didn't see where he said he was actually married, only that he doesn't wanna volunteer.  he's asking about buying a visa where he doesn't need to attend immigration or have to report.  everything is for sale here, so imagine it could be possible to get an agent to "fix" a marriage visa for a single dude.

17 hours ago, fishtank said:

No such thing as a Marriage Visa.

Maybe you mean a 12 month extension of stay based on having a Thai Spouse.

We tend to use simplified names as it's much easier for our clients to understand.

In our experience we receive much more requests for a "marriage visa/extension" than for "a 12 month extension of stay based on having a Thai Spouse".

But I am glad you know what I was referring to ????.

26 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We tend to use simplified names as it's much easier for our clients to understand.

In our experience we receive much more requests for a "marriage visa/extension" than for "a 12 month extension of stay based on having a Thai Spouse".

But I am glad you know what I was referring to ????.

Maybe it suits you but when trying to give help on a forum it confuses the issue no end with all these different terms and wrong descriptions.

A marriage visa could mean a number of things with different advise needed for different circumstances.

Such agent service in Pattaya would be costing you 25K baht average, the price mentioned does make sense in case its without a wife or child (but still steep). 

Obviously better to do what is plausible, so a marriage extension in your case. Find a cheaper agent instead.

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Such agent service in Pattaya would be costing you 25K baht average, the price mentioned does make sense in case its without a wife or child (but still steep). 

Obviously better to do what is plausible, so a marriage extension in your case. Find a cheaper agent instead.

Obviously better would be to do it legally for 1,900 Baht.

21 minutes ago, Fat George said:

Please beware of relying on any info or advice posted on this forum. I did my research on Thaivisa, went the DIY route with all relevant docs, plus the missus, and we were still refused. A whole day wasted. Not only do immigration officers scoff at any info' you might have got from Thaivisa, but according to an 'agent' I met in the queue, they change the rules all the time. To them it is a game. 

Might help if you told us on what basis it was refused....

It could have legitimately been because of incorrect docs. 

1 hour ago, Fat George said:

Please beware of relying on any info or advice posted on this forum. I did my research on Thaivisa, went the DIY route with all relevant docs, plus the missus, and we were still refused. A whole day wasted. Not only do immigration officers scoff at any info' you might have got from Thaivisa, but according to an 'agent' I met in the queue, they change the rules all the time. To them it is a game. 

Rubbish.

Never had a problem in 15 years. Using 3 different offices.

Get your ducks in a row and you will have no problem.

Contrary to some views expressed on here, Immigration are very helpful and dont go out of the way to make things difficult.

38 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Rubbish.

Never had a problem in 15 years. Using 3 different offices.

Get your ducks in a row and you will have no problem.

Contrary to some views expressed on here, Immigration are very helpful and dont go out of the way to make things difficult.

Plenty of 'rumours' of someone in Jomtiem (for eg) making a new applicant jump through an extra hoop and suggesting a number written on paper might help smooth things. One bad apple and all that.

Archived