Slow after upgrade

Wongkitlo

I don't know if it is because I use my phone to look at the forum but it seems really slow after the upgrade. For example I was on the main page and it took about 30 seconds to load the support page. I don't think I am being impatient? 

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I don't know if it is because I use my phone to look at the forum but it seems really slow after the upgrade. For example I was on the main page and it took about 30 seconds to load the support page. I don't think I am being impatient? 

It's not your phone

i am on my laptop and the forum is incredibily low since few days

After the ''update'' it was ok for the speed, but since the return of the tons of advertising

including the videos it's a challenge to be able to charge a page or open a new topic in less than

few minutes.

For obvious reasons i don't expect any improvement in the future

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

It seems very slow this morning ... it's really peeing me off...I've given up trying to do anything constructive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I see little green part circles going around all the time where the adverts should be

• Like 1

Past couple of days been getting timeouts a hell of a lot on individual pages (I browse via "new content" and open multiple threads at the same time, around 75% of the "batches" will have at least one page timeout) and have had around 8 pages failing SSL handshake over the past 24 hours or so. Refresh fixes but still a minor pain in the proverbial.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 11:11 AM, kingofthemountain said:

It's not your phone

i am on my laptop and the forum is incredibily low since few days

After the ''update'' it was ok for the speed, but since the return of the tons of advertising

including the videos it's a challenge to be able to charge a page or open a new topic in less than

few minutes.

For obvious reasons i don't expect any improvement in the future

I emptied my cookies and now back to normal

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Pretty much unusable this afternoon. Would have thought that with so many ads, there would be some money available for a decent data center

During the last half hour close to  unusable.

... what will happen if I hit the Submit button...

EDIT: proofs me wrong. This one worked.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have tried the new upgrade again and has the same problem. Very slow. The upgrade seems flawed anyway. It is really hard to see when a post has been made. There are going to be a lot of posts dragged up from years ago because people with bad eyesight can't read the tiny date.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 10:38 AM, Wongkitlo said:

I use my phone so I don't think possible. Is a nice thought but I put up with internet ads knowing they finance the sites. Is sad if everyone must resort to that due to the work experience kid doing a bad upgrade.

Today going like a race car. Apologies to the work experience guy.

21 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Some days the forum run at a normal speed

but honestly most of the time it's so slow that is a real pain to use it

Seems to be a lot of handshaking or maybe lack of  handshaking  going on as far as i can see

Anyway If it does that back to you tube or Stremio for me

21 minutes ago, poohy said:

Seems to be a lot of handshaking or maybe lack of  handshaking  going on as far as i can see

Anyway If it does that back to you tube or Stremio for me

As i have noticed more and more adds on the forum page

it could be that the old server can not handdle all of it easily.

For obvious reasons (No investissments and quick money is the usual rule)

i don't expect any improvement in the future. i just limit my visits here.

• Like 1