Moving extension of stay deposit within different accounts same bank mid year

Does anyone know if I could move my 800K deposit money (for extension of stay based on retirement) around to different account types within the same bank during the year without generating problems with Immigration when I go to renew my extension of stay?

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem to move the money to a different account as long you don't do it it during the 2 months before you apply for your extension.

You may need to show both books when you apply for next extension to prove it never went below 800k for 3 months after you applied for your current extension and the 400k baht after that. It might be wise to get a bank statement before you close your current account.

At yesterday’s Chiang Mai Expats  monthly meeting we were warned that moving accounts cannot have even a one day lapse in showing the transfer. Certainly might be just an isolated incident of having the “on deposit” timing requirement cited as reason for non-renewal

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

At yesterday’s Chiang Mai Expats  monthly meeting we were warned that moving accounts cannot have even a one day lapse in showing the transfer.

That is the reason I told him not to do it during the 2 months before he applies for the extension.

Not sure how it could be a day unless a person took the money out of the bank and deposited it in another account the next day.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2020 at 3:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is the reason I told him not to do it during the 2 months before he applies for the extension.

Not sure how it could be a day unless a person took the money out of the bank and deposited it in another account the next day.

If transferring the money via internet banking not all transfer types result in the money being credited the same day as they are debited. From Bangkok Bank's iBanking system:image.png.ecb9255c6fb86db29671284009be7be5.png

Not sure, however, why anyone would select transfer types "T-Priority" or "T-Basic" anymore. "T-Express" used to be the most expensive option, but a few years ago when they decided to make interbank transfers free, Bangkok Bank only changed the fee information on the express transfer type.

• Like 1