COVID test - 72 hours counting

jednakropka

The information the airline will look for is this:

image.png.f7264ef686cd70cf48730b85ff2fb811.png

and according to the Thai Embassy in London, on arrival in Thailand you must show this:

image.png.dca4a313b194d82c9ce3678f17f294c1.png

Both indicate to me it's from the result, but I've heard stories of it being interpreted differently.

• Like 1

All of the documents I see count from the time of issue & there are reports of people entering Thailand on that basis.     That's what I shall work from.

Of course some companies don't state the time of issue, so if it's issued at 18:00 hours on the Monday and the time is not stated, I guess they have to count from 00:00 hours, so I lose 18 hours ?

It's from ‘whatever the date / time’ is on the Certificate !!! 

In my case there were two  dates. 

The date the Covid-19 test (swab) was taken and date the result was reported / Certificate issued. 

I flew on the 19th. 

Covid-19 Test was taken on the 16th. 

Covid-19 Certificate issued on the 18th. 

The certificate I was issued included both dates.

I wouldn’t be happy about recommending to someone that they take a chance that the Certificate Issue date is sufficient if there is also a ‘test date’ which predates this and pushes a returnee outside of the 72 hrs window. 

After spending so much effort on the paperwork, spending so much on the flights and ASQ bookings it's not worth the risk to be turned away by a ‘sharp’ or difficult airline checkin employee. 

I landed on the 20th and had to take another Covid-19 test upon arrival at the ASQ because my test was then 96 hrs old, but the certificate only 48 hours old - No issues, I was already in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, jaizan said:

All of the documents I see count from the time of issue & there are reports of people entering Thailand on that basis.     That's what I shall work from.

Of course some companies don't state the time of issue, so if it's issued at 18:00 hours on the Monday and the time is not stated, I guess they have to count from 00:00 hours, so I lose 18 hours ?

They seemed to allow for 72 hours being 3 days... 

i.e. Test on Thursday morning and check in for a flight on Sunday night was still ok (when I travelled).

Only the Dates (test date and issue date) were listed on my Covid-19 Certificate. 

Technically, my test was older than 80 hours by the time I’d checked in at the Airport !

Edited by richard_smith237

On 11/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, smylee52 said:

"issued within 72 hours before departure".

Thanks for asking this question as I assumed it was the time the test was administered . I 

Upon applying to some ASQ hotels I see they interpret Covid testing to be within 72 hours of

arrival at Hotel which is just another way of for some of them to extract more money from people . If you are outside the 72 hours which is more than likely given the day of travel for most people then they insist on performing a Covid test on your arrival at hotel for an additional cost of 4-5K baht . TIT .

On 11/29/2020 at 11:50 AM, richard_smith237 said:

They seemed to allow for 72 hours being 3 days... 

i.e. Test on Thursday morning and check in for a flight on Sunday night was still ok (when I travelled).

Only the Dates (test date and issue date) were listed on my Covid-19 Certificate. 

Technically, my test was older than 80 hours by the time I’d checked in at the Airport !

Because I need to travel out of state to a test lab with fast enough results, wait for original results difficult and expensive.  I think it will be difficult/chancy if I ask for results sent overnight mail.  Were your results original?   Did a lab doctor prepare a medical certificate, or did you take results to your personal doctor?   Thanks