Doctor warns of possible second wave of COVID-19 spread by illegal returnees

snoop1130

Still the best scenario for Thailand is  to keep it as tight as they can for another 7 months.

If they can be successful at that the tourist industry will rebound pretty much automatically once 

inoculated people with a valid vaccination certificate are allowed in.

The worst scenario would be at that time Thailands population is riddled with Covid, then who would choose to come for a holiday, vaccinated or not ??

Stay safe everybody

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mattd said:

He was referring to the 48 that want to return now.

Adding to that.  The Thai government wants the 48 to return through the officia checkpoint so they can then be quarantined.   The alternative is for them to sneak back undetected, not quarantine, and spread Covid around.

9 minutes ago, shortstop said:

Adding to that.  The Thai government wants the 48 to return through the officia checkpoint so they can then be quarantined.   The alternative is for them to sneak back undetected, not quarantine, and spread Covid around.

Yes, but they WENT there illegally............

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Anutin says it's under control, surely he knows more than a simple associate professor? 

It's already all over the place,heard yesterday (Hiso army friend of the family info) they're just not telling the truth about it!

Who'd of thought it...555

“According to management of the 1G1 Hotel in Thachilek, about 180 Thai women worked at the hotel, mostly in the karaoke bar”

We all know what a “karaoke” bar really means here. Must be a very busy place with all those girls working...

1 hour ago, Ddbanksy said:

It's already all over the place,heard yesterday (Hiso army friend of the family info) they're just not telling the truth about it!

Who'd of thought it...555

My wife’s hair dresser’s uncle that has a truck driver mate who’s brothers old school mate is a high ranking general told me the very same thing! Wow. Confirmed! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Some how I got this feeling that the recent crossing is just an excuse for the raising numbers. A bit hard for me to believe with all the smoke being blow by the leaders that all of a sudden the border is the problem. It seem with all the Chinese coming in with their special no look programs not one case something smells?????

Everything isn’t a conspiracy.

I don't get this unsubstantiated panic just because of a few cases. Covid might have been circulating in Thailand since its discovery but cases are either mild or have not been tested. Those people that cancel their holiday now or some provinces that impose a quarantine again, pointless....

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hydraides said:

There cannot be a second wave, if there wasn't even a first wave.........

3000 cases so far, seriously .........

In Thailand there must be 100,000 cases + flu at least per year

Deaths would be 1000+ from flu also

Not to forget deaths and injuries on thai roads.   

1 hour ago, dkg224 said:

“According to management of the 1G1 Hotel in Thachilek, about 180 Thai women worked at the hotel, mostly in the karaoke bar”

We all know what a “karaoke” bar really means here. Must be a very busy place with all those girls working...

Busier than pattaya now.  “Covid free Thailand”. ....amazingly naive 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oldie said:

We don't need more restrictions, more laws and more rules. They are hardly enforced anyway anymore. Let's take the "dangerous" entertainment industry. Closing time should be midnight. It is now after 3 in the morning and here in Central Pattaya there are still bars open. And they don't follow any precaution rules anyway. Why should they if laws and regulations are not enforced? Or the festivals like the recent Fireworks Festival in Pattaya without any Covid precautions. I expect the same for the upcoming Music Festival and the New Years celebration. 

Amazing Thailand - it really had a lot of luck until now. I ask myself for how much longer can this miracle last. 

All of those things you are complaining about were there before you arrived and likely were a part of the reason you chose to live there. Unless someone is holding a gun to your head you are also free to move to a place that better suits your paranoia. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oldie said:

We don't need more restrictions, more laws and more rules. They are hardly enforced anyway anymore. Let's take the "dangerous" entertainment industry. Closing time should be midnight. It is now after 3 in the morning and here in Central Pattaya there are still bars open. And they don't follow any precaution rules anyway. Why should they if laws and regulations are not enforced? Or the festivals like the recent Fireworks Festival in Pattaya without any Covid precautions. I expect the same for the upcoming Music Festival and the New Years celebration. 

Amazing Thailand - it really had a lot of luck until now. I ask myself for how much longer can this miracle last. 

Go living under a rock, Oldie.,

• Like 1

These selfish illegal returnees must be punished severely to deter future cases.

They caused a lot of inconveniences for others including costly Covid tests to hundreds and thousands of people.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 5633572526 said:

All of those things you are complaining about were there before you arrived and likely were a part of the reason you chose to live there. Unless someone is holding a gun to your head you are also free to move to a place that better suits your paranoia. 

I have no paranoia. I am just surprised how little is done in the meantime to control Covid here in Pattaya. I don't know the situation at other locations. And if old Farangs want to sit in bars all night without any protection - up to them. I myself never go to bars. Too noisy and you often meet the same drunkards every evening. 

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I have no paranoia. I am just surprised how little is done in the meantime to control Covid here in Pattaya. I don't know the situation at other locations. And if old Farangs want to sit in bars all night without any protection - up to them. I myself never go to bars. Too noisy and you often meet the same drunkards every evening. 

If you go to different bars you will meet different drunkards. 

Problem solved. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

I wonder if it being the cool season has anything to do with this latest spreading event?

Myanmar has been struggling with the virus for months. They are in bad shape over there.