Where to get UK Covid 19 test 72 hours before flight

Hi,

Could someone who has travelled to Thailand from the UK on a Thai airways flight recently tell me where they got the Covid test? The flights leave LHR at 9.30 pm on a Sunday so would need to be taken after 9.30 on the Thursday evening, or more practically, on Friday. I am wondering if any of the testing locations and analysis labs work over the weekend to deliver the results by Sunday.

Kind Regards,

Chris

1 hour ago, Chris1950 said:

Hi,

Could someone who has travelled to Thailand from the UK on a Thai airways flight recently tell me where they got the Covid test? The flights leave LHR at 9.30 pm on a Sunday so would need to be taken after 9.30 on the Thursday evening, or more practically, on Friday. I am wondering if any of the testing locations and analysis labs work over the weekend to deliver the results by Sunday.

Kind Regards,

Chris

If I were you I would avoid Thai airways as the plane will be full of untested Thai nationals.

I arrived in my ASQ on Sunday and flew with Qatar. Had my covid test on Wednesday at 17.30 at Doctor Today 181 Finchley Road London and got the result and fit to fly certificate the next day at 13.30. Cost was 150 quid.

Edited by mlkik

Hi Chris

i took same flight as you 2 months ago. I used Fleet Street clinic.  Appointment 9.30am

Friday morning results same day had mine 4 hours later 1.30pm. £485 but had piece of mind for the rest of the weekend. The do fit fly letter also £200 they will email it to you excellent service and no problem at Heathrow

On 12/7/2020 at 1:10 PM, Chris1950 said:

The flights leave LHR at 9.30 pm on a Sunday so would need to be taken after 9.30 on the Thursday evening, or more practically, on Friday.

It may be slightly easier for you soon - I understand that flights have been changed to Sunday mornings.

Edited by KhaoYai

30 minutes ago, Peeba boy said:

£485 but had piece of mind for the rest of the weekend. The do fit fly letter also £200 they will email it to you excellent service and no problem at Heathrow

Covid 19 tests start at around £120 and Fit to Fly letters are around £80. My wife's fit to fly was £60 from my GP.

• Like 1

Medicspot.co.uk was one I was recommended by someone . Think they said test and doctors letter saying fit to fly was £250 all in. Their website tells you nearest place to get a test and you can pick turnaround time as far as I remember. Haven’t used it yet as I’m not planning on flying till next month but I will be using them when I fly . Boots seemed ok but they couldn’t guarantee turnaround time and didn’t provide fit to fly certificate I think was the problem I had using them .

Im from Dk and arrived to Bkk one week ago. I wundering how much you pay for a Covid test and a fit to fly certificate.

All publuc Covid tests in Dk are free. You got the result within 24 hours. The fit to fly I pay nothing by my doctor.

Depends where you are.   Google for a private clinic which will do it for you.  Remember you also require a ''Fit to Fly Medical Cert/Letter''.   I just got these done and the cost was £295 but i'm sure someone will know a cheaper way.

14 hours ago, Chris1950 said:

Many thanks to all. I should be able to source one from your replies.

Chris

Chris best one depends on your location. If you can tell me I can advise. Do not use Boots its not recommended. Also its 72 hours from the test result not the test itself. It also has to be via the RT PCR method. Do not forget the separate fit to fly certificate within the same timeframe.

Edited by jimn

Use google maps to find a "private" GP in your area.  I arrived in Thailand from Glasgow 1 week ago and I am still in ASQ.  I paid 100 pounds for the fit-to-fly and 150 pounds for the covid test.  You would be best to get tested on Friday.

Edited by smi11ie

On 12/9/2020 at 12:22 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Are Thai Air the only airline where Thais don’t require a Covid Test ?

As I've heard on https://www.facebook.com/groups/272003337395576 only Etihad requires Covid tests for everyone, i.e. Thais too, so all the others letting them on, but also apparently Thais only get free quarantine if they fly Thai

Edited by JJBloke

In the Netherlands, I only found some companies that offer PCR tests for around 150 euro, without the option to get a fit-to-fly certificate too.

For the fit-to-fly certificate I am contacting my GP... I find this a very vague requirement, I cannot find an official template certificate, so I guess every certificate that says something like 'Fit to fly certificate' will be accepted?

Do the officials in Thailand care about this certificate, or is it only to make it on the plane?
I find it the least straightforward requirement of all. But it should be the easiest and cheapest thing. This is the only thing I have left to arrange..