Prices in BKK vs. Samui

brizz

Hey gang. I will be buying a 2021 Yamaha Aerox when it comes out, but I will also be moving from Bangkok to Samui. I'm curious to know if there is any price difference between Bangkok and Samui. If I wait to buy it on Samui, will I be paying more? Any insight appreciated. Thank you.

Usually the prices at the dealers are nearly the same (sometimes on occasions like a motorshow you can get some discount).

It would surprise me if there is more than a 500THB price difference, due to this i would recommend to buy it where it's more convenient.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brizz said:

Do you think I'd actually get fewer problems from the police by having a local plate? Or are there other considerations that I'm missing?

It won't make any difference to the police where the bike it registered...but if should you want to change to plates to Surat at a later date you have to do two trips over to Surat Thani to do this (it can't be done on Samui).

I'm going to the Honda dealer later in the day and I'll see how much their mark-up is on the new CRF300L, I know you want a Yam but it should give you a rough idea of what to expect.

I was looking at the possible launch of the Honda CB350 Hness and RE 350 Meteor in Thailand next year.

Most details are coming from India, where they are both on the road already. Unfortunately you also see the Indian prices, roughly half that intended for the Thai market!

There is talk of them being assembled/semi-assembled here but no mention of improved pricing...