New 2.7l Auto Vigo Doublecab 4xwd

I've been looking to replace my Ford Ranger with a Vigo as i really like my Fortuner 2.7L Auto. The wife tells me that Toyoto now do a New 2.7L Auto Vigo DoubleCab 4xWD (she got the price list from the Seri Centre) which is exactly what i'm looking for. When did it come out and anybody try it yet?

I've been looking to replace my Ford Ranger with a Vigo as i really like my Fortuner 2.7L Auto. The wife tells me that Toyoto now do a New 2.7L Auto Vigo DoubleCab 4xWD (she got the price list from the Seri Centre) which is exactly what i'm looking for. When did it come out and anybody try it yet?

Been around as long as the Diesel Vigo 4 x 4, don't see many around as people tend to prefer the Diesel version of the 4X4 Vigo as they do with the Fortuner.

The 2.7 Version is about 100,000 Baht cheaper than the Diesel, it is on the Fortuner anyway.

I very rarely see 2.7 Vigos even though they are cheaper.

They don't sell them anymore.

Are you sure?

The sales girl told the wife it was new. And it certainly is a new entry on the standard toyota sales list at B789,000 (compares with the 3.0L Manual diesel double cab 4wd at B874,000) as i've been picking them up regularly for the past year.

Our insurance guy bought himself one last year, he had to wait for something like six months and they told him it was discontinued when he finally got it.

Not a good news as even service center guys wouldn't probably know what to do with it.

Our insurance guy bought himself one last year, he had to wait for something like six months and they told him it was discontinued when he finally got it.

Not a good news as even service center guys wouldn't probably know what to do with it.

Don't quite follow the comment about the service centre guys, you aren't seriously suggesting that Toyota don't know how to service a Vigo just because it is petrol engined ... presumably they haven't a clue about the 2.7 Fortuners then :o

Bought a 4WD/4Dr 2.7 Auto petrol just over a year ago and it is gorgeous, much prefer petrol to diesel, it is so quiet at slow speed you don't even know the engine is running, the fuel costs/savings for diesel are minimal here.

Was also told that they weren't going to make any more of them (in black), but presumably they are if they're shown on latest price list, scoured the whole of Thailand to get one and pretty sure it was the last available at the time. Unfortunately will be selling it in a couple of months as heading away :D

Edited by patrickq

I've now seen this version of the vigo on price lists in the Seri Centre and yesterday in Big C Rayong so assume it is available. and thanks to Patrickq for your comments, it sounds as a 2.7L A fortuner lover that i'll love this vigo version

err...... I also thought this was an old model already, when I brought my Vigo (1 year ago), this was an option I could have brought, but as Thai's doesn't much like Petrol (for a pickup/work horse), I decided Derv would be much easier to sell (so brought the 3.0 D4D).