Non immigrant B and Multiple entry

If you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working issued by immigration you will need a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid when you enter the country. A single is 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht.

If on a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate you would not need a re-entry permit if it is still valid for entry.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working issued by immigration you will need a re-entry permit to keep the extension valid when you enter the country. A single is 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht.

If on a multiple entry non-b visa issued by embassy or consulate you would not need a re-entry permit if it is still valid for entry.

Thank you.  That's what I was thinking, wanted to make sure to not get into trouble if I travel abroad.

I don’t want to hi jack this thread , but am unsure how to start anew one.

my thai partner has a Uk visitor visa. With 5 years total validity. She has spent 5 months this year in Uk already nursing me this year. And is back in Thailand. 
my medical condition has worsened and she wants to return to Uk .

will she be permitted to come over for a further 5 month’s already? My grateful thanks for any personal knowledge re this

7 minutes ago, Flyfish said:

my thai partner has a Uk visitor visa. With 5 years total validity. She has spent 5 months this year in Uk already nursing me this year. And is back in Thailand. 

will she be permitted to come over for a further 5 month’s already? My grateful thanks for any personal knowledge re this

You question should be asked in the other visa forum for the best info. Visas and migration to other countries

On 12/9/2020 at 8:43 AM, ubonjoe said:

If on a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate you would not need a re-entry permit if it is still valid for entry.

Sorry ubonjoe, is "extension of stay" the same as "Re-Entry Permit"?

1 minute ago, sa2014 said:

Sorry ubonjoe, is "extension of stay" the same as "Re-Entry Permit"?

They are not the same. A extension of stay gives you a permit to stay in country until it expires. A re-entry permit keeps that permit to stay valid when you enter the country after leaving the country.

23 hours ago, Flyfish said:

The UK multi entry visa allows 6 months at a time. Not sure about doing an out/in from UK at this time. She would usually come back to Thailand at the end of each 6 months and return to UK.

I would email Imm' UK ( when she gets to UK next time ) explaining your health problems etc and it's possible they might help. Wait until she is in UK before you start contact with UK Imm'

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

The UK multi entry visa allows 6 months at a time. Not sure about doing an out/in from UK at this time. She would usually come back to Thailand at the end of each 6 months and return to UK.

I would email Imm' UK ( when she gets to UK next time ) explaining your health problems etc and it's possible they might help. Wait until she is in UK before you start contact with UK Imm'

One of the conditions is max 180 days per year in UK but there is provision for longer under caring for relative. Google multi entry UK visa and it will be easy to follow.

Archived