is renting your house out for private parties legal?

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

You should just go around there and join in with whatever they are doing 

I'd love to. Some absolutely gorgeous young girls are hired to attend.

They actually came to our house the other evening thinking it was hiring them. Pity the neighbours saw them so fast.

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

In Thong lor last night watching a guy trying to park his Bentley Bentiga between two  Lamborghinis.....there is some money out that way for sure. 

yes. You should see the cars they use.  Audio, Ferrari, Mercedes, BMW and a lot of the big Toyota vans (forgotten what they are called)

20 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

30 mill,wow,must be palatial.

can you not throw a bit of cash someones way.

Then rest assuredl, i bet you wouldn't hear a pin drop !

It isn't as big as you think. 5 stories, 4 families. The ground has been in the family for over 50 years.

We have 300 sq mtr and paid about 7.4 million. That is bloody cheap on Thong Lor.

Condos near us start at about 3 million for 34 sq mtrs

The area next to us (ok it is huge) has just been sold for development for 300 million baht. 

When I say 7.4 I mean that was our share. As I said it is a family house, so no way of selling our part.

Edited by petedk

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

If you dont have a Hotel license it is illegal to daily/weekly rent.

If you are a landlord minimum 6 months rentals.

Talk to City Hall if you are not getting support from the Police. 

That's incorrect.

58 minutes ago, petedk said:

The reason I believe it is illegal is because they are acting as un unregistered night club. Selling alcohol and food. No social distancing. No rules whatsoever. The renting out is done on a daily basis for parties only. Not accommodation.

Also we are woken up every night between 12.00 and 6 am.

Operating an unregistered nightclub and selling alcohol after midnight is a whole different ballgame to renting out the house on a daily basis.

You've found the illegal activity. I suspect this is 'actionable'.

Now you just need to contact someone high up enough to get it raided and closed down permanently.

The police like to raid drug parties.

Edited by ukrules

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Operating an unregistered nightclub and selling alcohol after midnight is a whole different ballgame to renting out the house on a daily basis.

Now you just need to contact someone high up enough to get it raided and closed down permanently.

I don't know if there are drugs involved, but pretty sure there is gambling.

I saw them carrying a couple of snooker tables and some other large tables in late at night whem they first moved in about 3 months ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes, they are selling the alcohol.

I see them taking boxes of expensive whiskey and wine in during the day.

We can also see the empty bottles and cases outside in the mornings.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Yes, I think that is what we will do.

BTW, it's not only us, but also 2 other houses near us that complain. There are only 4 other houses around  us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petedk said:

The house is well insulated but the sound of women shouting out loud does go through the windows at night.

I'm sicerely sorry for your situation, Thailand is not like the west as you surely know. 

I do not know of a way out other suggestions of a criminal nature which of course is not acceptable. 

Hope you find a solution. ????

• Like 1

Just now, petedk said:

I don't know if there are drugs involved, but pretty sure there is gambling.

I saw them carrying a couple of snooker tables and some other large tables in late at night whem they first moved in about 3 months ago

I have to admit that I do have a lot of sympathy for you, that is high value land & area, my earlier post was slightly tongue in cheek and I forgot to add an appropriate emoji, apologies ????.

Hopefully you'll be able to find someone high enough to outrank whoever the party throwers are paying, but I think it needs to be from a Thai & not a foreigner, I've been here for 10 years and only ever rented, I am more than happy with that arrangement as I can up sticks & move at any time, as I did earlier this year when a farang guy opposite me started making unreasonable noise all day everyday, the village committee was worse than a wet blanket and did stuff all, so I found a new gaff and moved our stuff over a few days and just left. Yes I did inform the landlord, he was okay.

Good luck, let us know what happens ????????

1 hour ago, petedk said:

That is what we are talking about.

Actually, I think the houses are rented by an old lady and her brother. The rent is 220,000 per month per house!

So you can see how many parties they need to cover that.

The hotel registration is depending of the number of rooms/houses...

...Under the Ministerial Regulation 2008, a hotel license is not required if the business has not more than four rooms on all floors in all buildings, has a total service capacity of no more than twenty guests, qualifies as a small business which provides an additional source of income for the owner, and reports (form TM30) its daily rental business to the government (hotel registrar). If the business is in-line with these requirements, it is unclear whether it does not qualify as a hotel (“no hotel”) or whether it is a license-free hotel business (“type-zero hotel”). The latest court decisions seem to favor the latter interpretation.

In accordance with the ministerial regulation, hotels can be classified into different types as follows:

• Type 0: hotels which are exempted from certain requirements including the need to obtain a hotel business license,

Source: "Seven steps: Thai hotel business license".

Edited by khunPer

24 minutes ago, khunPer said:

The hotel registration is depending of the number of rooms/houses...

Source: "Seven steps: Thai hotel business license".

I can see the point there, but the house (rooms) are not rented out as accommodation. The guests come any time between 4 pm and 11 pm, party and go home between midnight and 6 am. So I would rather call it a night club or bar than hotel.

The drinks are provided (sold) by the lady  living there. I don't think she owns the houses.

Edit: Sometimes there are far more than 20 guests. 50 is a more likely figure.

Sometimes maybe only 10 men and then it is very quiet until they leave in the middle of the night

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, petedk said:

I can see the point there, but the house (rooms) are not rented out as accommodation. The guests come any time between 4 pm and 11 pm, party and go home between midnight and 6 am. So I would rather call it a night club or bar than hotel.

The drinks are provided (sold) by the lady  living there. I don't think she owns the houses.

Edit: Sometimes there are far more than 20 guests. 50 is a more likely figure.

Sometimes maybe only 10 men and then it is very quiet until they leave in the middle of the night

That was why I originally suggested you to get some Thai to call, and make the police interested in a check, my shared quote and link was in reply to the hotel license...????

14 hours ago, petedk said:

It is at the end of what was a very quiet closed soi. Only 2 other houses next to us.

Well it doesn't seem to be Alley 8 / Sukhumvit 55.

I will stay there next month.

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 1