Mobile Phone Reccommendation? I Want Edge, 2+ Mp Camera, Play Mp3; Symbian S60 Os Would Be Nice Too.

jfxberns

I am thinking about upgrading my phone. I want something with:

• EDGE data services,
  • 2+ megapixel camera phone,
  • MP3 Player and,
  • Symbian S60 platform would be nice, thyough it's not really necessary.

Does anybody have a reccommendation for a phone within spitting distance of B10,000?

How about a Nokia 6630 new for around 10000, if you can find it. Second hand around 6000. Only 1.3 Mp camera though. I was using it in Pattaya and was getting top download speeds of around 30KB/s with AIS, though it wasn't constant. Loads of Symbian software is available...mp3 player, movie player, web browser, lots of decent games, gps, etc.

Edited by joka

Have you thought of a Palm phone (TREO 680)? Can do all the things you want, but using Palm system, you can choose from hundreds of thousands of programs to add to your phone, even a Thai-English dictionary.

Here is a link for software: www.palmgear.com

I have the Palm 680 - its OK but its taking getting used to after Nokia's

I also have the E61 and the Nokia N70

I bought the Palm just over a month ago - I wish I had waited and got the Nokia N95

Boy's and toy's - thats all it is though with me

• 4 weeks later...
Get an N95, best by far.

I am looking for a new phone too with "everything". I read about Nokia N95 and it seem to be the one. How much is it here in Thailand?

And has Sony-Ericsson or Samsung anything near it?

:D:D:o

Sorry to stray slightly but I figure posters here would have comments about the low end of the market as well.

i gave up a few years ago on cutting edge phones finding them to be a pain in the ### more than anything. i bought a SE j210 and it has been great but i abused it too much as i always tend to do, but instead of a 15000 brick it is a 3000 brick now (3k when i bought it - even cheaper now)

so any comments on what is good in the 3000 or less range. i do not want inet connectivity, no camera etc etc just a phone i that works and i do not worry about breaking/losing. i think the latest version of this SE (j220 i think) is good for 2500B i think but wonder what else is out there to try.

thx

Get an N95, best by far.

I am looking for a new phone too with "everything". I read about Nokia N95 and it seem to be the one. How much is it here in Thailand?

And has Sony-Ericsson or Samsung anything near it?

:D:D:o

Thanks for the link Chintee!!! Very good information.

After 4 hours reading about all the existing phones and then about the coming phones I probably buy a new batery to my old Nokia and wait another 3 years before I buy a new one!

:o:D:D

I am thinking about upgrading my phone. I want something...

that enables me to make and receive phone calls. nothing <deleted> else! but it seems i am asking for too much.

:o

I am thinking about upgrading my phone. I want something...

that enables me to make and receive phone calls. nothing <deleted> else! but it seems i am asking for too much.

:o

I'm surprised you need help, but here goes: walk in to any mobile phone shop and buy the least expensive phone. There are dozens of models available in the 1,500 - 3,000 THB price range. The Nokia 1200 might be perfect for you, at ~ 1,500 THB?

For the OP, the Nokia 6120 Classic is available here, and it does meet or exceed the OP's requirements although it appears to be ~ 11,000 -ish THB.

For a great mid-range phone take a look at the Nokia 3110 Classic at ~ 5,200 THB. I've been evaluating one for ~ 30 days and it is quite impressive. Nice touches include no more Pop-Port, but standard mini-USB and 2.5 mm headphone jack.

Edited by lomatopo

• 3 weeks later...

Nokia e70 is much, much, much better than e65. I bought the e65 first - and then the cramped controls and lack of a qwerty for composing simple emails, blog posts, and SMS sent me back to the store to trade up for the 19,200 baht Nokia e70. This phone is billed as "Business Unlimited" and it's not too far from the truth. In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find a phone that does more. WIFI, EDGE, 3G, CDMA, VOIP, 2MP camera/video, MP4, MP3, Podcasts, QWERTY, small, BlueTooth, USB2.0, and so much more - the spec sheet is very long on this.

It has everthing you wanted - plus, 3G, VOIP, QWERTY keyboard, the same display resolution as the e65 - really sweet display (best on the market - still? not sure.)

Pics, full description at: Nokia e70 Business Phone for Thailand

:)