55 k north of Khon Kaen and need to get back to Pattaya quickly

n210mp

Can anyone please help me?

I need to get back to Pattaya from a village about 55 K north of KK so I have Khon Kaen airport and Udon Thani airport about equally distant.

I have important business in Pattaya and would need to return to the village north of KK in maybe a week  or so.

What is the best option, is it from Udon or KK  taking into consideration that Utapau could be an option?

Your advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated , thank you . 

Flights, from either airport, are easily searched and booked online. I am sure you can do this, if not, you will have to go and see an agent who will give you your options.  

If flights are no good, there is the bus, or, hire a car.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Flights, from either airport, are easily searched and booked online. I am sure you can do this, if not, you will have to go and see an agent who will give you your options.  

If flights are no good, there is the bus, or, hire a car.  

No flights KK to Pattaya.

Not easy to hire car one way from KK.

Are you suggesting bus is a suitable form a transport here?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

No flights KK to Pattaya.

Not easy to hire car one way from KK.

Are you suggesting bus is a suitable form a transport here?

Did I specify Pattaya Airport?  No.  It could be Bangkok.

Did I say hire the car one way?  No.  He could rent the car for one week.  Would probably be the same cost of flights and taxis.

No, I didn't suggest a bus is suitable transport, but merely put it forward as an option, albeit, probably a last option.   

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

Did I specify Pattaya Airport?  No.  It could be Bangkok.

Did I say hire the car one way?  No.  He could rent the car for one week.  Would probably be the same cost of flights and taxis.

No, I didn't suggest a bus is suitable transport, but merely put it forward as an option, albeit, probably a last option.   

You stick to what little you know about Pattaya and leave others with more knowledge who have ventured outside Chonburi to assist.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Morning and thank you for all your posts, maybe I need to be a little more specific with my request for advice.

My wife and I are in Khaosuangkwan  mid way between KK and Udon Thani, we arrived in the village two weeks  ago from Pattaya by our own  car  to help take care of my Mrs Papa who was/is very very ill.

We live on the darkside of Pattaya where we have a house, other business concerns and a car sat on the drive.

Yes I am familiar with the internet search for flights from either of the two nearby airport but I was looking in my post for that info that is not in the searches, personal experiences etc .

I need to go back on my own leaving my wife with the car up here  for maybe a week or so to do  routine maintenance on the properties and also pay bills etc

There are always little  "Quirks" that only those that have done similar flights can know about  and this really this is the info I am looking for.

Thanks once again for your posts 

Edited by n210mp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

Rent a car and make the trip a round trip quick and easy.

Yes it is an option  but at 76 I am getting a little "tired" after the journey. 

For the last 13 years or so have been driving up here minimally 3 times a year  and  more often  this last couple of years what with illnesses in the family etc.

The trips these   last few times are  becoming a bit too much on my own internal battery hahahaha,  hence the idea of a flight but thanks for the suggestion although I had considered it and will do so again!

2 hours ago, n210mp said:

My wife and I are in Khaosuangkwan  mid way between KK and Udon Thani, we arrived in the village two weeks  ago from Pattaya by our own  car  to help take care of my Mrs Papa who was/is very very ill.

We live on the darkside of Pattaya where we have a house, other business concerns and a car sat on the drive.

1/ Your wife should know someone in the village that will drive you ----you pay for the gas and give him, 500---600 baht, its just a days work for him there & back.

2/ Same person drive you to Udon Many buses including Chon air lux bus

3/ Train to BKK from Udon/KK everyday?night

How did you get there with no transport........??

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Just a thought , wife or other drops you with your car to Khon Kaen airport, she they returns to village.

You take your thai smile flight booked direct from their online site to Bkk Suvanabhum 3/4 flights each day cost about 1000 to 1500 baht without silly extras ie includes luggage etc.

Taxi from airport to darkside Pattaya about 1200 baht...... or airport bus option 180 baht.

Can be done with bus direct to Pattaya from KK or Udon if cheaper option is required.

Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

1/ Your wife should know someone in the village that will drive you ----you pay for the gas and give him, 500---600 baht, its just a days work for him there & back.

2/ Same person drive you to Udon Many buses including Chon air lux bus

3/ Train to BKK from Udon/KK everyday?night

How did you get there with no transport........??

From your  quote of my OP in your post above;

From your  quote of my OP in your post above;

"we arrived in the village two weeks  ago from Pattaya by our own  car  to help take care of my Mrs Papa who was/is very very ill."

Thanks for the suggestion Sanuk but if I had to sit

next to most "drivers" never mind one from the village on such a long journey I am sure I would  be a Physical and mental wreck if we arrived safely Hahaha

"WE" (AKA She) already decided that the flight is the better option

Never thought of the train though sounds interesting,  will have a look at it , have you or  anybody any experience of the train service between Udon and Bangkok?

Edited by n210mp

Wife or taxi to UT airport. 50 minute flight to Utapo. Taxi to  your house. 35 minutes/700 baht. I have done the same journey more than once (I too live on the Darkside). Its the quickest, most comfortable and least stressful way to make that particular journey and won't break the bank.

• Like 1

Why bother with U-Tapao?

Few flights if any.

Taxi almost as expensive like BKK. Time advantage less than an hour.

Go to KKC airport.

Take next flight to Suvarnabhumi (or Don Mueang).

Hop in taxi and 1:30 hour in Pattaya from BKK.

Plenty of flights to BKK or DMK.

I did the trip last Tuesday. No delays, no traffic jam like a breeze.

Flight at 13:15, arrive hotel in central Pattaya about 16:00.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Why bother with U-Tapao?

Few flights if any.

Taxi almost as expensive like BKK. Time advantage less than an hour.

A taxi DMK-Pattaya will cost you three times the price of a taxi UTP- Pattaya and 3 times the journey time. There are daily flights from UTH-UTP. The only problem might be the flight time. If the time suits you, its a no brainer.

20 hours ago, n210mp said:

Can anyone please help me?

I need to get back to Pattaya from a village about 55 K north of KK so I have Khon Kaen airport and Udon Thani airport about equally distant.

I have important business in Pattaya and would need to return to the village north of KK in maybe a week  or so.

What is the best option, is it from Udon or KK  taking into consideration that Utapau could be an option?

Your advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated , thank you . 

How do you get to the airport?

I drove with my car.

Daughter drove it back home.

Parking near KKC airport costs 100 Baht/day.

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

A taxi DMK-Pattaya will cost you three times the price of a taxi UTP- Pattaya and 3 times the journey time. There are daily flights from UTH-UTP. The only problem might be the flight time. If the time suits you, its a no brainer.

Of course BKK (Suv) is preferred. 1000 to 1200 Baht.

ThaiSmile and Thai VietJet fly. Would prefer ThaiSmile.

The OP doesn't ask for cost/chespest.

12 minutes ago, polpott said:

Short term parking at Udon Thani airport is free.

One week does not sound like short term.

About KKC vs UTH: roll the dice.

But U-Tapao? Not for me.

(and looks like only one flight per day currently)

Edited by KhunBENQ

12 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course BKK (Suv) is preferred. 1000 to 1200 Baht.

ThaiSmile and Thai VietJet fly. Would prefer ThaiSmile.

The OP doesn't ask for cost/chespest.

Flight UTH- UTP. 13.50 1073 baht. Flight UTH- BKK 755 baht. Taxi BKK-Darkside 12-1500. 1 hour 20 min. Taxi UTP- Darkside 700 baht/ 35 minutes.

45 minutes less in a taxi and total journey price the same. UTP every time for me.

Where in the OP does he suggest that he's leaving his car at the airport for a week? Just needs dropping off.

Edited by polpott

4 hours ago, n210mp said:

Yes it is an option  but at 76 I am getting a little "tired" after the journey

Not only at 76.

Quick and easy??

7 hours or more on Thai roads?

What meditation technique helps me to find this quick and easy?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Looks as though KK to  Suvarnabhumi has more flight options and  is less tedious and only about 55 ks from our house, then airport bus or taxi to home.

I am not enamoured about the 72 Ks to Udon airport either especially having to go in the opposite direction.

Thank you to all those who answered my request for info !

7 hours ago, sapson said:

Just a thought , wife or other drops you with your car to Khon Kaen airport, she they returns to village.

You take your thai smile flight booked direct from their online site to Bkk Suvanabhum 3/4 flights each day cost about 1000 to 1500 baht without silly extras ie includes luggage etc.

Taxi from airport to darkside Pattaya about 1200 baht...... or airport bus option 180 baht.

Can be done with bus direct to Pattaya from KK or Udon if cheaper option is required.

Good luck.

Thank you for your post this is the option I am going to take