After-Market Add On Parts New Toyota Legender Pattaya Area

pattayapip

Toyota do sell lots of updates\extras you can get. I had a look at the latest Vigo last week, sorry cant remember the model but it had lots of bits on it that I thought looked nice. Mind you not cheap. Just the manual one with a 2.4lt engine was a short 900k. By the time you add on 2.8lt, and auto gearbox, leather seats, it would have been well over a Mil: I'm going that way later if I get a chance I'll take a look the the Model. 

5 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Toyota do sell lots of updates\extras you can get. I had a look at the latest Vigo last week, sorry cant remember the model but it had lots of bits on it that I thought looked nice. Mind you not cheap. Just the manual one with a 2.4lt engine was a short 900k. By the time you add on 2.8lt, and auto gearbox, leather seats, it would have been well over a Mil: I'm going that way later if I get a chance I'll take a look the the Model. 

Hilux Revo....

• Like 1

1st website is from a typical Somchai shop. Second does maintenance/repairs (there's a Brit connection at this one).

Lots of Somchai shops around Thailand. With many retailing chinese products and/or copy parts. Bembo and Bimbo brakes being a prime example. The better copiers spell Brembo correctly, but don't get the graphics right.

I would look at your Marques upgrade kits first before going elsewhere. It's your vehicle so up to you. Could be worth asking one of the mechanics at Toyota (or visit a local 'named' service center) about the best places to try.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, fredob43 said:

All the latest Toyota cars are much the same as their old models. Just changed their names. And fitted up to date things on them.

The new Legender is lets face it a Tuna with different lights, and grill. The OP asked for places in Patts that did add on bits. I suggested Toyota as they do supply many extras that fit strait on. Most of those if you push them they will fit on at no extra charge. So what ever you call it it's a Fortuner. 

Have you driven the new Legender/Fortuner??? well I have they asked me a few weeks ago if I would like a test drive. And I can tell you it's like driving my now 3.5 year old Tuner. Other than a few different lights inside/outside, and a few extra mods on the out side all the panels/fittings are almost identical. About the only thing that's any different is you can now open the boot lid with you foot (POINTLESS as you have to open all the doors with your remote before you can do that anyway) so why just not open the rear door with you key fob in the first place. 

I'm not running it down as it's IMO a great car. The only thing that I would put on is wheel arch liners, auto closing wing mirrors. That as I pointed out Toyota don't do.    

The Engine is supposed to be more powerful no ? up to 200 HP Now ?
Will have a drive around for the add ons, or just go to the big places in Bangkok for the day, I drove it also 2.8 4WD Legender, Thought it felt a fair bit more responsive than my old TRD 3.0D (2105 last of the old shape still looks good)
Appreciate it is little different to the normal Fortuner, it still is a Fortuner, just the model name changed from TRD to Legender as far as i can see
And i personally like the new lights, although i know and can see online its all bodywork that they actually sell after market to turn older cars into new ones . . ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pattayapip said:

The Engine is supposed to be more powerful no ? up to 200 HP Now ?
Will have a drive around for the add ons, or just go to the big places in Bangkok for the day, I drove it also 2.8 4WD Legender, Thought it felt a fair bit more responsive than my old TRD 3.0D (2105 last of the old shape still looks good)
Appreciate it is little different to the normal Fortuner, it still is a Fortuner, just the model name changed from TRD to Legender as far as i can see
And i personally like the new lights, although i know and can see online its all bodywork that they actually sell after market to turn older cars into new ones . . ????

Yes it does have more grunt. You will find that the 2.8lt has lots more power than the old 3lt. Really noticeable when set in Power mode. N/B uses lots more fuel. Oh eco mode is fine for most driving also save's on fuel.  Although I didn't notice the extra power to much when I had a test drive. More than likely because I don't push cars now. (These camera have become a big problem)  But every little helps when overtaking.

Like you I did like the new running lights and a few bit's on the inside. The only thing I didn't like was the colour of the seats. In the one I drove they were a cream colour, much prefer the Black and red ones on the TRD. But that's just a personal thing. Enjoy you will find all you'll ever need in the new "Fortuner" LOL.

If you had the old one your will also notice the better LED lights. 

Edited by fredob43

Yes, Not a fan of the Cream, Prefer the Red, but no choice, order the Top 2.8 4WD and that is what it comes with, also the thing i dislike most is the wheels, they are awful  . . .always liked all the 3 TRD Fortuner Wheels i had, hate these, so looking to change them . . 

2 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Yes, Not a fan of the Cream, Prefer the Red, but no choice, order the Top 2.8 4WD and that is what it comes with, also the thing i dislike most is the wheels, they are awful  . . .always liked all the 3 TRD Fortuner Wheels i had, hate these, so looking to change them . . 

I wasn't keen on the all black 20" wheels I got on my TRD but learning to live with them. Cant see them when I'm driving anyway.

Tip. If you do change them go for the 20" rims as the cornering/handling is fantastic. Vast improvement on the slightly smaller ones I had on my last TRD. Whatever I'm sure you'll enjoy the new Tuna. Please keep us informed on how you get on.