COVID Extension? Then what?

Did COVID extensions end as published, or can I still get one? I am from USA, in BKK, on 1yr marriage extension that ends 27 Dec, 50 years old. Due to some banking errors I only have 8 direct deposits so no renewal of marriage or change to retirement is possible. I also do not have enough savings now due to a surgery.

I need to find visas to be here another 4 months so I have the deposits to show 12 and get a retirement extension.

Find one of those "agents" to get yourself a Non-O Visa (Volunteer?).

Shouldn't be too expensive. IIRC they normally charge around 15,000 THB for 3 months and around 40,000 THB for 12 months.

PS: Be wary of scams from said "agents" and/or the legal consequences of this (if any).  It all depends on the agent, so make sure to check that he has some good reputation.

Edited by ctxa

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension until Jan 29th (after that they have stated that these types of extensions will no longer be possible).

After that point it may make sense for you to contact an agent to assist you with your yearly extension of stay.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

On 12/13/2020 at 7:02 PM, ctxa said:

Find one of those "agents" to get yourself a Non-O Visa (Volunteer?).

Shouldn't be too expensive. IIRC they normally charge around 15,000 THB for 3 months and around 40,000 THB for 12 months.

PS: Be wary of scams from said "agents" and/or the legal consequences of this (if any).  It all depends on the agent, so make sure to check that he has some good reputation.

45000 1 year volunteer, everywhere.

24 minutes ago, thaicookingchef said:

45000 1 year volunteer, everywhere.

This is higher than our price, under normal circumstances we charge around 35,000 to 40,000 THB.

You can always get a quick quote from our team over LINE.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

15 minutes ago, jimn said:

Why so expensive? 13k in Pattaya

@SailingHome was asking about retirement, but @thaicookingchef was referring to visa yearly options for someone under the age of 50.

For retirement we charge 14k, and this includes us doing all your reporting, and ensuring that you never miss any of those dates (reporting dates, visa dates, and passport renewal dates).

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:24 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day covid extension until January 29th.

If you get one this month you could then apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife that would give you time to get more transfers into the bank.

By 60 day extension to visit wife, is that the same as the one-time extension that would be allowed on my current non-o marriage extension?

39 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

By 60 day extension to visit wife, is that the same as the one-time extension that would be allowed on my current non-o marriage extension?

Yes it is.

What I wrote is the correct description of the reason for the extension.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is.

What I wrote is the correct description of the reason for the extension.

Ubon i enter in October with a single non o  valid until 15 January. Can I ask for 60 days more because of covid  I want to stay until March.  Thank you 

16 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

@SailingHome was asking about retirement, but @thaicookingchef was referring to visa yearly options for someone under the age of 50.

For retirement we charge 14k, and this includes us doing all your reporting, and ensuring that you never miss any of those dates (reporting dates, visa dates, and passport renewal dates).

i have a non O for family, expires end of february.

If i extend it on jan 29th i really only gain 1 more month as february will be included or can the extension begin at the end of the current visa?

51 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

i have a non O for family, expires end of february.

If i extend it on jan 29th i really only gain 1 more month as february will be included or can the extension begin at the end of the current visa?

It would be up to the officers interpretation. 

But the start date of your extension should start from March if you took the 60 day extension at the end of January January.

3 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It would be up to the officers interpretation. 

But the start date of your extension should start from March if you took the 60 day extension at the end of January January.

thanks for your reply, ill ask at immigration and see how they respond.

presumably if i do the covid extension at the end of jan (til may, fingers crossed) i could then do a regular 60 day extension from may until july.

On 12/13/2020 at 10:20 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension until Jan 29th (after that they have stated that these types of extensions will no longer be possible).

Is it possible they will extend the application window again as they did when the cutoff was November 30th?

2 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Safe to assume that the two land border visa exemptions granted per year are a long way off. 

Event if they were allowed again you would still need to follow all of the entry requirements.

So the days of the economical visa runs are a thing of the past for now.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

When they extended amnesty, then extended extensions, the impetus was likely economic, as in 'well, they're here already, Covid free and spending money, so might as well let them stay'. Since borders are not going to be open again by the end of January, the same rationale could well apply again.

Yes, at some point it will end and the 'One Year Tourists' will be gone. At some point borders will open, too, folks will have been inoculated, and life will be approaching some sort of normalcy. That is not going to be January, however.

If I'm a Vegas bookie, I'd put the odds at 2:1 then extend the extension. Others might believe 100:1, but many thought that about the July amnesty deadline. If there is a compromise, I think maybe they will introduce a LTV allowing for 90+90+90, put a price on it, and then allow those already in country to apply for it. I cannot say for certain, but I suspect many of the 'tourists' still here since March are flush and paying handsome-ly for the convenience and safety of staying in a largely Covid free country with good infrastructure, great food choices, interesting places to visit, etc.

My current hotel isn't cheap, and there's quite a few living here on extended extensions. Without them, I'm not sure the hotel would choose to remain open. Folks that own it and hotels like must have someone's ear. They may continue to have someone's ear.

6 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

So what papers and proof do I need and which counter in immigration Bangkok?

If you Google "60 day extensions MTT thaivisa" you will have many thaivisa threads to answer any questions that you may have.

Including online booking, directions, first hand experience etc. Give it a try.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If you Google "60 day extensions MTT thaivisa" you will have many thaivisa threads to answer any questions that you may have.

Including online booking, directions, first hand experience etc. Give it a try.

So, it seems to boil down to booking an appointment, having my 90 day reporting of address, normal copies of passport, and 1 picture?

• Haha 1