Home Insurance

ThaiPauly

Hello, ThaiPauly

I think most banks have insurance of many types available... We have home insurance on our house and land purchased at one of our banks.

I am sure you are aware insurance in Thailand is not quite the same as in some other Western countries.  However, they have paid a few claims for us already.  These, for the most part, are not something I would expect to have been paid in the U.S.  

Also you can check with your agent if you have auto insurance. In my experience banks are lower cost.

Edited by hml367
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 5:16 AM, brommers said:

Been with AXA for many years, but never needed to claim. They seem very efficient and the staff are helpful & can speak English. I use their office on the Superhighway frontage road virtually opposite Central Festival.

I too was with AXA for many years..until this year when a neighbor's termite infested pine tree fell onto my roof. Although AXA covered they jacked up my premium for the latest renewal almost half of what they paid out to repair my damage.  My insurance broker gave me a variety of proposals from other companies and ultimately chose another insurer with a much less premium that covered my priorities of what coverage I needed.

Edited by jeffandgop
  • Thanks 1

Good broker:

TIDTARIN INSURANCE CONSULTANT
67/3 ถ.ศรีภูมิ ต.ศรีภูมิ อ.เมือง จ.เชียงใหม่ 50200

โทร.053-357949, 053-418181, 081-8815480, 081-9605254 โทรสาร 053-357950
E-MAIL : [email protected]

Small business with an office on the inside of the moat between Biker's Corner and Chang Pueak Gate. Have used them for years.  Khun Ake has excellent English, responds quickly to emails and phone messages and will deal with any claims paperwork for you.  We have houses and a car insured through them. 

• Thanks 1

I've been told that this a reputable local Thai insurance company that's been going for years so I am in the process of taking up their Buildings & Contents policy called TIP Smile.  You need to access this link using Google Chrome to provide some translation Dhipaya TIP Smile Insurance avoid clicking on the EN button as it doesn't translate current page but takes you to an old defunct website  (typical Thai bad web management).  Anyway the price was very competitive and they are offering better cover this year 30% rather than the 10% others offer.

• Thanks 1