Building On Sor Por Gor Land

My wife has 4 rai of sor por gor land inherited from father.I know this is agricultural land,it has tamarind trees on it at the moment.Its in a good spot(nice views,quiet,next to road has electicity) for building a house.But is this allowed ? Does anyone have experience of builing a house on this land type ?

My wife has 4 rai of sor por gor land inherited from father.I know this is agricultural land,it has tamarind trees on it at the moment.Its in a good spot(nice views,quiet,next to road has electicity) for building a house.But is this allowed ? Does anyone have experience of builing a house on this land type ?

Depends where it is. Hard to get a definitive answer on this. I think if the land is in town then you need to seek planning permission. Most people with this type of land just build. If it is near a road with electricity and gets assessed where the land title changes then any house already built is allowed to remain " done deed".

I have built on non "chanote" land as have many other Thais and Farang in the area. We keep all the taxes on the land up to date I was the only peson who seemed concerned with planning pemission before we built!!!!

Its in chaiyaphum province,right in farmland,outside village,but luckily passing road has electric line running past.Father keeps up the tax as he has rice paddies behind us.Its a nice spot as its just far enough from village not to have all the in-laws visiting every 5 mins if you know what i mean. :o We going back in january so plan is to ask at ampur and find out more.

I'd say the answer is yes, so long as you get your puyai ban, and neighbors on record. I'd have the puyai ban or Kumnan post your intentions for at least 30 days, meet with the puyai ban and all adjacent neighbors, so that there will be no line disputes later and then have them sign off on a document you've prepared that says they agree the land is yours. Then put that on file with the land office. I wouldn't build too close to ny property lines in case a later survey changes the exact boundary.