Local elections bring Phuket alcohol ban

snoop1130

Local elections bring Phuket alcohol ban

By The Phuket News

1607944573_1-org.jpg

Phuket Election Commission (PEC) Director-General Passakon Siripakayapon urged people to cast their votes this Sunday (Dec 20). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The sale of alcohol will be banned in Phuket from 6pm Saturday night through to 6pm Sunday night (Dec 19-20) as the island heads to the polls for its first local election since the coup of May 2014.

The alcohol ban is required under election laws, Phuket Election Commission (PEC) Director-General Passakon Siripakayapon said today (Dec 14). 

“So are the COVID-19 protection measures. People at the polling stations will be required to wear face masks and maintain social distancing,” he added.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/local-elections-bring-phuket-alcohol-ban-78316.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-12-14

Elections for which positions, oh wait it is a Nationwide election, so a Nation Wide alcohol ban will be in effect it appears.  No entertainment on Saturday Night with any beverages at my favorite music venue.  Guess I will spend my Birthday night at Home. Glad I heard now, will cancel the Dinner reservations at Sirocco and just Barbeque at Home.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Elections for which positions, oh wait it is a Nationwide election, so a Nation Wide alcohol ban will be in effect it appears.  No entertainment on Saturday Night with any beverages at my favorite music venue.  Guess I will spend my Birthday night at Home. Glad I heard now, will cancel the Dinner reservations at Sirocco and just Barbeque at Home.  

Not sure Bangkok is included, assuming that's where you are as I know the Sirocco is there. I think it might just be the provinces other than Bangkok but I could be wrong. Better to check before cancelling your booking.

• Thanks 1

What if the people voted to stop the ban on alcohol during elections...If voting is so important, they should be allowed absence from work or other duties. Hell, why not just a public holiday. Gosh, I guess I should go back home for this kinda thinking...Wait, there are long lines that go on forever to vote back home...noooooo. Damn capitalists!

On a more stern note, their happy go lucky alcohol bans remind me of a poorly skilled parent with the mindset from before there were telephones..

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I really appreciate this post as I myself this past year have started feeling like, damn, too many alcohol bans or not being able to enjoy music and beverage at my favorite places even new places.

*Ban on sales and was lazy to restock*

Ok...I'll buy some Leos if they will sale them to me...

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your eyes painted on?  You missed the thousands of political promotional signs on every road/corner for the the last month? Pick ups with teams and loud speakers.  It isn’t like they have snuck it up on you.

Vote number 2 “Charligon” in Natai Beach.

He the man! 

Happy Birthday.

Edited by Natai Beach