Thai authorities to clamp down on polluters as haze chokes Bangkok

webfact

I just this afternoon walked by that vast construction site beyond soi 22 Sukhumvit, where the Holiday Inn is (was that called Washington Square before it was all demolished?), and here's a worker with a one gallon bucket of water and a medium sized paper cup, throwing water on the dusty street just where the big trucks drop off the curb cut. The worker saw me watching and smiled; I wondered if he knew how absurd it is.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I wish they would require a switch to electric motorcycles.  It would cut down on the pollution and the noise.

Until someone discovers the trick with a playing card and the spokes :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2020 at 4:01 AM, webfact said:

At present, the AQI only provides warnings when PM2.5 levels rise above 50mcg per cubic metre of air (μg/m3), which is the Thai standard. In comparison, the World Health Organisation sets safe levels at 25μg/m3.

Comforting to know that the Kingdom maintains higher standards as usual. In this case twice as high! ????

On 12/16/2020 at 1:58 PM, newnative said:

I wish they would require a switch to electric motorcycles.  It would cut down on the pollution and the noise.

I'm on it already. 

I'm designing a portable sound system with a 100w Amp, large speakers hanging on each side of the seat , and comes with 36 variations of digital recordings of only the most loud and annoying exhaust sounds from every vehicle known to man with an engine.

The best part is that the sound continues even if the engine is off. Brilliant! Your lousy 50cc bike can now sound like a military fighter jet with afterburner on. Just imagine all the envious looks you will get when you crank it up. ???? Some lucky bystanders may even start bleeding from their ears.

PM me to pre-order yours today. 80% off on the first 10,000 orders received. Don't delay. BUT WAIT. If you order in the next thirty minutes you will get two for one low price. 

• Like 1