George Clooney throws his support behind Idris Elba as the next James Bond

snoop1130

George Clooney throws his support behind Idris Elba as the next James Bond

By ROXY SIMONS

36864272-9054973-image-a-21_1608030705013.jpg

Seal of approval: The actor said Idris 'should be Bond' as he felt he is 'elegant' and added, 'I think he'd do a great job of it. That's who I would've cast'

George Clooney has thrown his support behind Idris Elba for the role of James Bond, as he claimed the character should be played by a British person.

The actor, 59, spoke on Mark Wright's Heart Evening Show on Monday about the iconic character's future, and ruled himself out of playing the suave spy as he felt it was 'a little late' for that.

No Time To Die marks Daniel Craig's final outing as 007, and George quipped 'go hire someone else!' when asked what he would say to an offer of Bond.

Of his reasoning, he added: 'First of all because, I'll be 60 this year so it's a little late for the Bond thing. Second of all, Bond should be a Brit don't you think? I mean properly. It just feels wrong'.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9054973/George-Clooney-throws-support-Idris-Elba-James-Bond.html

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

Cruise was great as Reacher! ????

Idris is a great actor and he would do the role justice despite having the “wrong” skin color in the eyes of so many! I personally think he’d be perfect! 

Idris is good, I wouldn't call him great yet.

Reacher is 6ft 5 inches tall, and weighs 250 pounds. Cruise needs an air pump.

What will you think of next, a remake of Daddy Long Legs starring Peter Dinklage?

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,m tailor made for the role....a sophisticated/suave and debonair English gentleman...might need a stand in for the fight scenes though :thumbsup:

I take it you don't need a stand in for the shaken not stirred martinis.

If it happens it will be the death of the franchise.  Elba can't act his way out of a paper bag, truly a terrible actor.  And as for being a believable 'sex symbol' in the Bond tradition; do me a favour.  If they do a cartoon version he may just make it.   

Edited by Pilotman

No Idris , please. I would vote for Angelina Jolie. That would be proper PC. Isn't she also LGBTI+ whatever too? At least she has decent fake English accent.

And I think Michael Cane would be great as Idi Amin (whom I met in Jeddah KSA, BTW).

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Idris is good, I wouldn't call him great yet.

Reacher is 6ft 5 inches tall, and weighs 250 pounds. Cruise needs an air pump.

What will you think of next, a remake of Daddy Long Legs starring Peter Dinklage?

Since when does everything you see in a movie have to match reality?! James Bond for example would be an old man by now. I don’t know what his original hair color in the books is, but previously the actors who played him had dark hair until Craig came along. I didn’t hear anyone complaining about that! 

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

If you can overlook the fact that Cruise is 5'6" whereas Reacher is 6'5".

So what? James Bond would be an old man by now, somehow you don’t seem to have a problem with him not aging? And whatever his hair color in the books is, Craig is blond. How come that’s not a problem?

a definite case of cultural appropriation.hes a scot in the novels too.racist pc garbage,of course we hear non stop from the pc brigade that actors yes people that act IE pretend to be someone else cannot take the parts of native americans orientals etc unless they are from that origin,so it doesnt occur the other way round quite clearly. a double standard ,hypocrisy and racist.the reaction if tom cruise is picke d to play the part of martin luther king?i saw a tv prog from BBC with a black actor playing the part of achilles,how insulting but of course it is the BBC,i wont even start to trace the historical/cultural origins of that figure but not a word ,no apology either.

Isn’t it funny how people are upset that a black person should play Bond because in the books he’s white, but the very same people have no problem with the fact that Bond in real life would’ve be dead already? Also somehow it doesn’t seem to be a problem that Craig is blonde when in the books he’s got black hair...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, TSF said:

And I throw my support behind Hugh Grant as Idi Amin for the next remake of The Last King Of Scotland.

Idi amin was real. This isnt a biography. You have an issue with changing demographics? A 007 cannot be black?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:
7 hours ago, petermik said:

I,m tailor made for the role....a sophisticated/suave and debonair English gentleman...might need a stand in for the fight scenes though :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Bond was Scottish in the books? 

Actually he was half Scottish and half Swiss according to Ian Fleming.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1347857/James-Bond-nationality-Is-James-Bond-Scottish-swiss-evg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

So what? James Bond would be an old man by now, somehow you don’t seem to have a problem with him not aging? And whatever his hair color in the books is, Craig is blond. How come that’s not a problem?

If you've read the Reacher books you form an image in your imagination of what Reacher looks like, and Cruise wasn't it for me.  But I guess a lot of the people who saw the movie haven't read a Reacher book, so it probably doesn't matter.

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

He's black enough, but not female enough to please the PC crowd. Can't we have a black female Jamie Bond? How difficult can it be?

No very difficult apparently. 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a34585204/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-no-time-to-die/

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

If you've read the Reacher books you form an image in your imagination of what Reacher looks like, and Cruise wasn't it for me.  But I guess a lot of the people who saw the movie haven't read a Reacher book, so it probably doesn't matter.

I didn’t even know there were any Reacher books, but I’m getting your point now! ????