Information regarding Golf Quarantine locations near Bangkok

macster44

Hi All,

I saw recently the Thai government has approved Golf (resort)  Quarantine for the mandatory 14 days.

I have written (email)  the Thai consulate in New York but so far have not received any reply.

Does anyone here in Thaivisa-land have any information or can point me in the right direction where I can find out locations/prices ?

I am grateful for any info that can be shared here.

Thanks and stay healthy,

mac

16 hours ago, macster44 said:

I saw recently the Thai government has approved Golf (resort)  Quarantine for the mandatory 14 days.

They may have approved the idea but there has been no information about how it would work let alone confirming any venues. If it ever happens I would say at least a couple of months before anything concrete.

I am needing to return to Thailand in Feb, not looking forward to quarantine at all. Saw this announcement and it sounded like a far better alternative. To be honest I don’t cafe for golf at all, but also prefer the option for some fresh air. 

Anyhow I spent hours looking for some clues and came up with the following. If it is actually these places (which I sincerely hope it is not) all I will say is that they look very ‘Thai’. And I don’t believe for a second that it was only these 6 courses which showed interest. 

There are only 6 courses which showed interest to get approval for golf quarantine.  Golfers will have to stay at the golf resort and cannot leave and only go out to play golf.

The golf courses will be closed to the public and only open for quarantine only.  These are not 100% confirmed as they have to go through extensive certification by the health department.

• Mida Golf Club ( Kanchanaburi)
  • Sawang Golf Club (Cha Am)
  • Blue Star Golf Course (Kanchanaburi)
  • Evergreen Hills Golf Club & Resort (Kanchanaburi)
  • Dragon Hills Golf & Country Club (Ratchaburi)
  • Artitaya Golf & Resort (Nakorn Nayok)

More details on the package pricing and quarantine process will not be available until the end of December.  There are no further details available on other activities that golfers in quarantine will be able to do during quarantine.

SOURCE: https://www.golfasian.com/golf-news/southeast-asia-corona-virus-update-for-golfers/

Edited by madhav
  • Like 1

I hope they include some golf resort style courses. I had a good look through some of them and and they look fantastic. If we are allowed outside for a couple rounds a day it would arguably make it bearable. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Thailand-Golf-Resorts-zfp7700173.html

Edited by madhav