Successful Checklist Used for 2021 Retirement Visa

19 hours ago, mekongjim said:

thanks for posting this list -- a very helpful guide.

The PCEC notes that this guide is for use at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration Office on Jomtien Soi 5.

As we all know, the documents required and process vary from Immigration Office to Immigration Office. 

They receive updates from their members and other expats on their experience in renewing their extensions -- they have a checklist for retirement using 800k in bank, retirement using 65k monthly income, marriage using 400k in bank, and marriage using 40k monthly income.    Their lists are usually up to date, but may not include any recent changes that have not been yet reported to them . . .  and of course, there is always the possibility of added items based on the whim of the particular Immigration Office -- although at Jomtien Office that doesn't happen too often.

The checklists are on their website - look for THAI IMMIGRATION in topics along the top, hover your cursor over the topic, then scroll down the drop down men to Checklists.

• Like 2

Thanks for this thread.  It is very timely.

I have flights into Thailand arriving on the 15th of January.  My quarantine will be until 30th of January.  Will be entering on a 60 Tourist Visa and expect 30 days extension.

My concern is about the two month seasoning of 800k.  Thoughts on whether I can change to retirement visa and meet this requirement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, George36 said:

My concern is about the two month seasoning of 800k.  Thoughts on whether I can change to retirement visa and meet this requirement would be greatly appreciated.

The SETV permission of stay can be converted to a non-Imm O entry either during the initial 60 days or a 30 day extension. This comes with a 90 day permission of stay and would suffice to season the 800k. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, George36 said:

The 800k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration based upon retirement. You will though need proof it came from abroad from your bank.

The during the last 30 day of the 90 days you can apply for the extension when the 800k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Attached is a checklist from the Pattaya City Expat club that I have used for the past 2-years with updated information. 

In the past 2-years, since I started using this list, I put all the required documentation as listed together, and have not had a single question, concern or request for anything additional, from the Jomtien Thai Immigration officers. Just get their updated list prior to applying for your visa. They also have a list for those using the Marriage route. 

One caution, however, is the new Parking Lot just before the Immigration Office on the left side (from Beach Rd.) will rip you off for 40 baht. Best to try and find alternative parking if you can.

retirementvisachecklist-800k-in-Thai-Bank.pdf 167.48 kB · 35 downloads

Whats wrong with the parking lot???

There is nowhere else to park ,so close..

I reguarly give them 40 bahts to park there.

Whats the problem ???  Omg....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, KhunKenAP said:

Attached is a checklist from the Pattaya City Expat club that I have used for the past 2-years with updated information. 

In the past 2-years, since I started using this list, I put all the required documentation as listed together, and have not had a single question, concern or request for anything additional, from the Jomtien Thai Immigration officers. Just get their updated list prior to applying for your visa. They also have a list for those using the Marriage route. 

One caution, however, is the new Parking Lot just before the Immigration Office on the left side (from Beach Rd.) will rip you off for 40 baht. Best to try and find alternative parking if you can.

retirementvisachecklist-800k-in-Thai-Bank.pdf 167.48 kB · 63 downloads

Remember this ,if your last visa was a non imm o base on marriage that you uptrained from a Embassy you will not pass in CM as I had to use a agent to get it.

3 hours ago, fishtank said:

The 800k does not have to be in the bank when applying for the Non Imm Visa.

Only for the 12 month extension of stay so you will be fine.

The 800k absolutely need to be in the bank when applying for the Non Immigration visa, however it doesn't need to be seasoned. When he applies for the extension the money has to have been in the bank for at least two months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Why?

That's what I asked imm. and they said you can do it again in a year. I then asked to see a inspector and they said no. I had 9 days left on my visa and already did my 2 months extension. I then went to Siam Legal and they were not able to help so I got a agent in CM and they said you could have not done this on your own. I had every thing else including the800,000 baht in the bank for over 2 months.

Edited by vandeventer