Change Non-Imm B to non-Imm O

Hello, folks I'm 66 years old, American, living and working in Thailand for 24 years,

legally married to Thai woman 24 years and would like to stop working, and change my Non B to Non O.

Can help me with the requirements, including but not limited to 'do I have to leave the country first'?

Thank you.

You cannot change from a non-b visa to a non-o visa in the country.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to one based upon marriage to a Thai or retirement.  (no need to leave the country).

You will need a letter from your employer stating your last day of work to cancel your current extension so you can apply for new one. On that day will need to meet the financial requirements for the type of extension you are applying for.

Marriage is 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40 baht income.

Retirement 800k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 65k baht income.

UbonJoe, thank you so much for your reply. Quite helpful.

So I will need to present the letter from my work stating my retirement date + financial evidence + marriage cert.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to submit birth certificates of our Thai-born kids as well.

Do you know if there's anything else that must be submitted?

jmw512

This is a great list. Ubonjoe, you are amazing.

Let me ask you one more question, because your list of requirements suggest this will become relevant.

My TM6 departure card is missing from my passport.

I think an immigration agent took it on a previous 90-day trip but that might not be accurate

Is there a remedy for this problem?

14 minutes ago, jmw said:

Is there a remedy for this problem?

Do you have a copy for your TM6 card someplace? That should be accepted for the application.

If not you can ask immigration for a new one. Some offices may require a police report for the lost card.

Archived