any average Brit holiday maker got into thailand recently?

djuiiy

Is anyone here aware of a no special circumstances British National managing to get to Thailand under the current rules?
On paper its possible if all the documents listed on Thai Embassy are produced at the airports. However to acquire the covid test results, the fitness to fly, and the Certificate of Entry are time consuming, expensive, difficult, and give short windows of opportunity, meaning a lot of loose variables have to allign at the same time before a holiday in Thailand is possible.
Given also that conditions for entry to Thailand can change day to day, it is unclear if meeting this long range moving target is practical. To know that some have achieved it would be useful.

mods plz move this topic if this is not the right forum thks.

If no one else answers with a personal validation - search Youtube for NDTVi's live Sunday Stream from a couple of weeks ago. There was a young-ish bloke on there from Lincoln who had decided he would rather do the ASQ in Thailand than the Tier restrictions in England. He said the process for all wasn't too bad.

• Like 1

thanks i watched it. Lincoln lad mentions getting a visa was easy, but currently Brits don't seem to require a visa for entry. He doesn't mention anything about the fitness to fly, covid test or entry certificates that the Embassy currently state are necessary. 
Seems the goalposts have shifted, though it would be nice to believe all the rules on the embassy site are waivered if an explicit visa is obtained.
I will ask the embassy.

Edited by djuiiy
  • Thanks 1

one thing that might make things a lot easier, maybe a local GP could do both the covid test and fit for flight certificates in a single normal GP visit. I will investigate, but it will have to wait until after Christmas now. I will post here when I find out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, djuiiy said:

He doesn't mention anything about the fitness to fly, covid test or entry certificates that the Embassy currently state are necessary. 
Seems the goalposts have shifted, though it would be nice to believe all the rules on the embassy site are waivered if an explicit visa is obtained.

The negative covid test, COE and fit to fly are not, and will not be, waivered.

6 hours ago, djuiiy said:

one thing that might make things a lot easier, maybe a local GP could do both the covid test and fit for flight certificates in a single normal GP visit. I will investigate, but it will have to wait until after Christmas now. I will post here when I find out.

Good luck with getting a GP to do a Covid test. There are plenty of private clinics doing them for between £100 and £150, results back next day.

• Like 1

I still dont think Thailand has "grasped" the fact that 99% will simply not get involved with Quarantine, Covid tests, fit of fly certificates and what other hoops have to be jumped though especially the specific insurance

1% that do equates to 400,000 visitors based on 2019 arrivals......Thailand is still nowhere near 400k in fact last week it was reported just 826 arrivals on the special visa scheme now scrapped

Edited by Chivas
  • Like 1