Nees Laptop Reformatted, Any Good Shop In Pattaya?

Gerry290

Hi

I Dell Inspiron 6000 just ober 18 months old, has slowed to the pace of a snail, hanging, taking 10 mins to start, slow slow slow, and very annoying...about to get a sledgehammer taken to it.

I need all the usual disk clean up,., defrag etc etc.

Someoone told me to get it Backuped and Reformatted, and that will do the trick.

Does anyone know any good shops in Pattaya area they can recommend to this for me, in an efficent way, so no files are lost?

Thanks

Gerry

Hi

I Dell Inspiron 6000 just ober 18 months old, has slowed to the pace of a snail, hanging, taking 10 mins to start, slow slow slow, and very annoying...about to get a sledgehammer taken to it.

Someoone told me to get it Backuped and Reformatted, and that will do the trick.

Does anyone know any good shops in Pattaya area they can recommend to this for me, in an efficent way, so no files are lost?

Thanks

Gerry

I had that done at Tuk Com Pattaya Tai, 4th floor, in the back. Don't know the name but thay have laptops on the counter, working on them. Only 200 baht and they gave me Win XP and a bunch of software.

Hi

Thanks

Gerry

I have said this before and will say it again, unless you have a fundamental problem with your system a reformat and install is a waste of time, may i suggest you uninstall all programs that you have the disks for etc, and I mean everything right down to the basic windows just as though you have just installed the OS (which is what you are thinking of doing anyway) then use a REG cleaner - defrag your hard disk then see how your speed is, it should be back to clean install speeds or slightly slower due to service pack updates etc

there is no need to format and reinstall your OS the above will do the same and a lot less hassle

Hi

Thanks

Gerry

I have said this before and will say it again, unless you have a fundamental problem with your system a reformat and install is a waste of time, may i suggest you uninstall all programs that you have the disks for etc, and I mean everything right down to the basic windows just as though you have just installed the OS (which is what you are thinking of doing anyway) then use a REG cleaner - defrag your hard disk then see how your speed is, it should be back to clean install speeds or slightly slower due to service pack updates etc

there is no need to format and reinstall your OS the above will do the same and a lot less hassle

Thats would be technicall too complicated for me... :o knowing me and PCs, I d mess it up and loose imporant files.

I was sort of hoping to avoid the Tucom experience, as I always get sold something which does not do as it is supposed to, or the misunderstandings, drive me nuts.

There was an UK guy...had an IT business beside Pattaya Mail on Suchkmvit, who did a good job before, ok was more expensive, but I got extactly what I need done...no confusion. But I looked other day, and he either is closed or moved somewhere...Richard was his name....anyone know if he is still in business in new location in Pattaya?

Hi

Thanks

Gerry

Thats would be technicall too complicated for me... :o knowing me and PCs, I d mess it up and loose imporant files.

I was sort of hoping to avoid the Tucom experience, as I always get sold something which does not do as it is supposed to, or the misunderstandings, drive me nuts.

There was an UK guy...had an IT business beside Pattaya Mail on Suchkmvit, who did a good job before, ok was more expensive, but I got extactly what I need done...no confusion. But I looked other day, and he either is closed or moved somewhere...Richard was his name....anyone know if he is still in business in new location in Pattaya?

I don't know him but you may want to post in the Pattaya forum. Near Foodland on Pattaya Klang is a computer center, PCD I think. The place in Tuk com is Pattaya 2 U, never a hard sell, they speak computer English ok.

I take my laptop into Global Solutions, Room 417 at Pantip, every year, to reformat and reload my Documents etc.

500 bt and it works like new again.

Be careful as some repair shops may steal your RAM and replace with a smaller memory, I hear.

Try Liberty Support Services on New Plaza, they will check it out first and if really needed they back up your hard drve before they do anything, they are having special offers at the moment to celebrate three years in businss in Pattaya. On another thread someone posted do not go there but gave no reason, personally I have been happy with the service plus it comes with guarentee. Tel: 038 720 920. You can say I recommended them if you want.

I don't know him but you may want to post in the Pattaya forum. Near Foodland on Pattaya Klang is a computer center, PCD I think. The place in Tuk com is Pattaya 2 U, never a hard sell, they speak computer English ok.

His name is "Nalong" and the shop DCO is across from AA Ins. on Pattaya Klang. Three minutes from Carefour and five minutes from Foodland walking. He is my "save my butt tech" for the last five years. He speaks good English and tells it straight and honest. He is a hardware and software guy, can get many things and has some stock. Tel. 038360351, [email protected]. I'd be lost without him in my world.

Edited by JerM_6

Try Liberty Support Services on New Plaza, they will check it out first and if really needed they back up your hard drve before they do anything, they are having special offers at the moment to celebrate three years in businss in Pattaya. On another thread someone posted do not go there but gave no reason, personally I have been happy with the service plus it comes with guarentee. Tel: 038 720 920. You can say I recommended them if you want.

The quoted me about Bt 10 k for this service. :D

I say about because they would not commit to a fixed price. :o

Needless to say I walked out (and did it myself).

Naka.

I had that done at Tuk Com Pattaya Tai, 4th floor, in the back. Don't know the name but thay have laptops on the counter, working on them. Only 200 baht and they gave me Win XP and a bunch of software.

I think the shop is called "Pattaya2U" or "Pattaya4U" or something like that. I had a positive experience with them when I needed help booting my notebook ... I had erroneously (and stupidly) removed the "System" access to the boot drive. <sigh...>

While I was there the long-haired fellow was patiently helping a frustrated notebook owner. There was no lecture or impatience. I think he was basically doing what you are talking about: reloading Windows and restoring documents.

I was impressed with the service there.

If this is a factory supplied Dell, then you can restore the machine to factory condition by hitting CTRL and F11 at the beginning of the boot sequence. The original OS will be restored from the Dell hidden partition. Of course you will lose all of your added applications and your personal data, so this is something that should not be done lightly, and is not all that you asked for... Also, if an OS has ever been re-installed onto the machine, then the CTRL F11 will probably not work.

BTW, if you do get to a store in Pattaya, you couldn't ask them if they can supply a replacement keyboard for an Inspiron 8600 could you, then let me know?

Cheers.

Actually, I am ging to give:

"Nalong" and the shop DCO is across from AA Ins. on Pattaya Klang.

a go. I emailed him, and he said yes can do, however I am awaiting for him to email me his phone number.

The things about Thailand and computershops is I always get laoded buy with pirated software and then, when updates are sent out, I get locked out. I got locked out of windows media player for example by MS.

I rather pay for the proper license, and then not have to worry!