Eighteen year old hacks lifelong friend to pieces with Itoh knife

webfact

Eighteen year old hacks lifelong friend to pieces with Itoh knife

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An eighteen year old Thai man is in custody after he attacked a close neighbor who was a lifelong friend. 

Police and rescue services called to the Non Saithong community in Pho sub-district of Si Sa Ket found 20 year old Thaweechai Salee with his face and head cut to pieces at a house. 

Thirty meters away they arrested the 18 year old. 

Somsamai, 63, the guardian of the 18 year old said that he and the victim had been close friends since they were little.

Thaweechai lived alone at the house after his parents split up. He was employed and would often pop round for food and drink when he had none. She treated him like one of the family too. 

However, the 18 year old and Thaweechai had been arguing about something for several days and at one point Thaweechai threw a stone. 

The 18 year old - who was the kind of person who kept himself to himself - told her on Sunday he was going out to get firewood to do some cooking. 

She heard noises and clearly he had gone out and attacked his friend. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-21

• Sad 8

3 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Pardon my French but B*llocks! This does not happen in other countries to the same extent as it does here

There is something in the Thai psychy that goes from docile to raging maniac with nothing inbetween

My theory is that it's because every Thai from a very young age is taught their place on the social ladder and everyone is looked down upon by someone. Everyone except you know who. Frustration and resentment builds and builds, and suddenly they 'do a Popeye' - That's all I can takes, I can't takes no more - and they reach for the can of spinach. Or, in Thailand, the nearest gun or machete. It also explains why so many in a uniform make life as difficult as possible for those they deal with, as the uniform gives them power to do whatever they want and kick back at their otherwise lowly position on the social ladder.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Pardon my French but B*llocks! This does not happen in other countries to the same extent as it does here

There is something in the Thai psychy that goes from docile to raging maniac with nothing inbetween

Absolutely right ! It's pent up inside, no rational discussion to resolve issues. Or just walk away ... It's total rage that's blows the top off!

11 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Is there anyone out there can fathom the mentality of people that do this?

Yes, if you have access to the details of the childhood, 0-2 critical, then 3-8 .. and less as they get older... but "people" don't want the answers.

They want to believe there is some almost magical unexplained reason because the truth becomes too uncomfortable.

I am always happy to discuss such matters but almost all just start running, covering their ears and making up nonsense to support their position..

Edited by milesinnz

8 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Absolutely right ! It's pent up inside, no rational discussion to resolve issues. Or just walk away ... It's total rage that's blows the top off!

Yes, get this  with staff, they just  up an leave, later they say some feeble excuse, last ones said we  pushed them too hard, this  was then they were having 4  hours for  lunch and the Wife asked them in the gentlest Thai way if they could  not do  this. Next day up and left. No discussion, I dont waste  my  time when they do this I  just chuck them out.

People living here would do well to observe and learn from these type of events just how dangerous situations can evolve rapidly. Then think about it the next time you get involved in a dispute or feel the need to vent at a Thai male.

Volatile is a gross understatement for some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

People living here would do well to observe and learn from these type of events just how dangerous situations can evolve rapidly. Then think about it the next time you get involved in a dispute or feel the need to vent at a Thai male.

Volatile is a gross understatement for some.

Great advice.

15 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

My guess would be the useless concept of "face" and saving it.....I worked with thais and trying to discuss a problem was always this system of walking on egg shells.....and many, many "misunderstandings"....add in the culture of non confrontation and dont moan or discuss inner problems brews into a literal "ticking time bomb", as this is a prefect example.....I can rarely get my thai friends to discuss problems they are having, everything is perfect in the LOS of Smiles(mostly fake ones in my opinion)...stuff it down deep inside and just smile!!!.....???

I always warn other to avoid thais that are fighting as they are likely to unleash the tiger inside that is no longer caged....the basic concept of working thru trauma or resolving issues within that can eat away at you, which may lead to drinking, violence, gambling or other vices we see with thais(and others).....

Would also add in the stigma of seeking help or therapy as that doesnt seem to be within the realm of thainess

Ive always said that the concept of "face" keeps the thais from moving forward in the world, counterproductive.

*just my observation of my decade+ in LOS*

• Like 1