Home Grown Rebuild

canthai55

On 12/21/2020 at 3:55 AM, Bangyai said:

I wonder if they could restore my wife like that ?   I 'd be willing to pay top dollar.

Mind you, she thinks my big ends gone too so that might also need some attention .

Perhaps they could give you credit for the old one toward the purchase of a new one.:tongue:

• Haha 2

And the warranty period given for the refurbishment is????

Yes there are innovative workshops in third world  countries. I've used quite a few around the world. A seldom few can meet design parameters laid down by drawings.

Many produce something that will keep you operational for a while. Quite a few of the many will directly cause secondary failures which incur a need for further repairs

• Sad 1

Many posters just don't get it ...

The example quoted was $12 - and here come the requests for warranty period, doom and gloom about quality.

Western mindset in an Eastern environment. Seen it here many times ...

There are no good (fill in ethnicity here) mechanics here !!!

Horse Hockey

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 11:04 AM, Spatiumus said:

Perhaps the warranty period that causes you so much concern is proportionate to the charge made to their customers in Pakistan?

This is primarily a Thai Forum and I don't live in Pakistan. You're selling the video as something special which it isn't. Besides, what would be the import duty imposed bringing it to Thailand?

There are such workshops all around the Middle East (and elsewhere) and I've used quite a few over the years as a stopgap measure at peanuts prices. The vast majority couldn't read the simplest drawing requirements and just did the same as many Thai workshops. Wanting to access the original so the could try their best at copying.

Third world prices for Third world procedures. Product is worth Jack.

• Confused 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:27 PM, canthai55 said:

Many posters just don't get it ...

The example quoted was $12 - and here come the requests for warranty period, doom and gloom about quality.

Western mindset in an Eastern environment. Seen it here many times ...

There are no good (fill in ethnicity here) mechanics here !!!

Horse Hockey

Such a wonderful demonstration of technical illiteracy at it's best.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, alacrity said:
On 12/25/2020 at 11:04 AM, Spatiumus said:

Perhaps the warranty period that causes you so much concern is proportionate to the charge made to their customers in Pakistan?

This is primarily a Thai Forum and I don't live in Pakistan. You're selling the video as something special which it isn't. Besides, what would be the import duty imposed bringing it to Thailand?

Got some news for you, I didn't post the video here and I'm not selling it to anyone, I was just making a rational comment on what you posted.

20 hours ago, Spatiumus said:

Got some news for you, I didn't post the video here and I'm not selling it to anyone, I was just making a rational comment on what you posted.

Ever heard of metaphors and/or rhetorical speech? Warranty which was used in the post conveys a (very) poor qualitative process which was posted in order to denigrate established procedures from competent folks with lots of experience.

Issuance of a warranty is regarded as being a qualitative measure of how good a product is. No warranty= no good product. Some folks get it, some don't.

Along with others, you didn't get it and were endorsing the original purpose of the video.

8 minutes ago, alacrity said:

Issuance of a warranty is regarded as being a qualitative measure of how good a product is. No warranty= no good product. Some folks get it, some don't.

You may think you are getting a warranty from the manufacturer, but you are being sold a bill of goods.

Warranties are covered by insurance companies for the manufacturer.

No measure of how good or bad a product is. It is a <deleted> shoot - betting that less claims will come in then the policy covers = profit.

Look at all the high profile cases - starting with the Ford Pinto fuel tanks and including the Chevy ignition key case. More profit in paying out a few claims than fixing a few million cars.

If you think it is about quality ... 555

On 12/28/2020 at 7:35 PM, alacrity said:

Ever heard of metaphors and/or rhetorical speech? Warranty which was used in the post conveys a (very) poor qualitative process which was posted in order to denigrate established procedures from competent folks with lots of experience.

Along with others, you didn't get it and were endorsing the original purpose of the video.

So Hyundai offering a ten-year warranty while Toyota offers only five proves that the Hyundai is better than Toyota, yes?