Thai's Asking For Donations?

About once a week I have Thai's walk by my house or I see them walking around with pictures of sick people or little kids or something (I haven't gotten too close to look) asking for donations.

Just had one come to my house (which sparked this topic) trying to show me pictures of people laying in hospital beds.

Of course I want to help but the only hesitence I have is that it might be a scam. It is a shame to say that that is my first assumption but it is.

Anyone have any light to shed on this?

Paul Allen

My gut tells me that these people are bogus, especially as they always seem more interested in collecting of ferangs than the natives.

When I donate in Thailand it is usually directly to the orgnisation, school, temple or to the individual in need.

MM

My husband agrees, he doesn't believe any of them are legitimate either. That seems to be the general consensus among Thai people I know.

if something you see or read makes you want to donate go directly to them and give them something never give to collectors as 99 times out of a 100 they are scammers :o