Current process to convert TR to marriage visa?

Hello i am new here, so forgive me for stupid question.

I  (33 male from Poland) arrived in Thailand for first time ( tr visa) i am currently on quarantine. We want to get married here with fiance and convert to marriage visa. I know everything is different during covid era... i am getting my freedom to marry right after quarantine.

So what is the process now to convert ?

do i rush to get bank account?

do we get married and just go to immigration?

does it have to be done in Bangkok?  (we will live in petchabun)

middle man agency good idea, or waste of money?

Well i should probably note that we been together for over decade in different country before covid separated us.... so i dont have any doubt that she is right person.  Just  want to get it done during my visa stay . I heard before it was necessary to leave country to change to marry visa. how is it now? 
should make bank account during my  tr visa so it is there for 60 days before i apply to marry visa?

thx

You said TR Visa, so I expect a SETV entry. 

A 60 day extension will be available to you when you are married, and likely a Covid extension too. The step for a long term extension would be to convert the entry to a Non-Imm-O which comes with a 90 day permission to stay. 

The first step of course is to get married. 

Then you could apply for a 90 non-o visa entry at based upon qualifying for a extension of stay based upon marriage at any immigration office. You will need at least 15 days (21 at some offices) remaining on your 60 day entry or the 30 day extension of it. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in you name only on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

Requirments are here. https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days you could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. The 400k baht would then need to be in a bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days you could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. The 400k baht would then need to be in a bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

Does it mean it can’t be 40 K baht income for this? After getting 90 non-o you need to deposit 400 K in bank to get marriage visa after 90 days?

1 minute ago, Requiem said:

Does it mean it can’t be 40 K baht income for this? After getting 90 non-o you need to deposit 400 K in bank to get marriage visa after 90 days?

I had mentioned income in for the visa application and was only stating how long the 400k baht had to be in the bank for the extension.

You can use the 40k baht income option if you have a letter from your embassy to prove it or transfers from abroad into a Thai bank. The rules state only two months of transfers are allowed for the first extension but many offices will insist on having 12 months of transfers.

11 minutes ago, Requiem said:

"You can use the 40k baht income option if you have a letter from your embassy to prove it" - it can be to my personal bank account in my home country or does it have to be a thai bank account?

If you get a letter from your embassy that may be all that you would need. If immigration wanted proof to back up the letter that could be a bank statement from a bank in your home country or proof of a pension and etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies one more question.... what needs to be done where?  

ministry of foreign affairs to certify "freedom to marry"            bangkok or local?
marry                                                                                                   bangkok or Local?
immigration                                                                                        bangkok or local immigration?

33 minutes ago, mateusz1945 said:

ministry of foreign affairs to certify "freedom to marry"

The certification of the translation can only be done in Bangkok at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA..

marry 

Any Amphoe.

immigration

At the designated office for where you are living.

• Like 1