Can offer freelance consulting here with just a Non-B?

If I (went to the U.S. and) got the 1-year, multiple entry Thai Non-B visa, could I then do consulting work for Thai businesses here?
Would I need any sort of work permit despite not being an employee of any one business?

I wouldn't set up a business, I would just be an individual providing consulting services. Working freelance, as it were.

Thanks for any info.

Maybe better to ask in the visa forum, but I don't think you can perform any kind of work associated with a Thai company without a work visa. If working for foreign companies outside of Thailand, it's probably still illegal but no-one is going to look into it unless you make it obvious and public.

2 hours ago, allencraig said:

got the 1-year, multiple entry Thai Non-B visa, could I then do consulting work for Thai businesses here?

See the words "work" and "here" in your post?  

2 hours ago, allencraig said:

Would I need any sort of work permit despite not being an employee of any one business?

Yes.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, I see the words that I wrote. However, do YOU see the words "Non-B visa" in my post? That means I'd have a work visa. Just not a work permit, as I wouldn't be employed full-time by any one company. Hence, my question.

See the words "work" and "here" in your post?  

Yes.  

30 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Maybe better to ask in the visa forum, but I don't think you can perform any kind of work associated with a Thai company without a work visa. If working for foreign companies outside of Thailand, it's probably still illegal but no-one is going to look into it unless you make it obvious and public.

I thought the Non-B visa IS a work visa...?

9 minutes ago, allencraig said:

I thought the Non-B visa IS a work visa...?

You thought wrong.  

A visa is the authorization to enter the country for a specific purpose, business, tourism, etc. 

A work permit, issued by the Ministry of Labor, authorizes you to work inside of the country.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, digibum said:

You thought wrong.  

A visa is the authorization to enter the country for a specific purpose, business, tourism, etc. 

A work permit, issued by the Ministry of Labor, authorizes you to work inside of the country.  

Ok, got it. Thanks.