Galaxy a70 to monitor

A1Str8

It must be somehow possible to connect the A series to an external display.

I understand, dex works with the S line only.

I know of chromecast etc but I want wired.

I know there used to be the mhl type c to hdmi adapter for the A line, but got discontinued.

Anyone had success connecting such phone to a monitor?

Could it work via otg?

As in type c to hdmi, hdmi to vga and that connects directly to the display's vga output. 

I understand samsung intentionally blocks such functions in the A series, and therefore equips them with type c 2.0, while hdmi requires 3.0 etc but there must be a way.

Thanks

5 hours ago, A1Str8 said:

I understand samsung intentionally blocks such functions in the A series, and therefore equips them with type c 2.0, while hdmi requires 3.0 etc but there must be a way.

Why "must" there be a way?

According to Google your phone doesn't support MHL, so it won't work with a cable, your only option is wireless.

Edited by jackdd

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Why "must" there be a way?

According to Google your phone doesn't support MHL, so it won't work with a cable, your only option is wireless.

Because I'm certain it can be done since the hardware is capable. One just needs to find another way of connecting.

MHL was the old video standard through Micro USB. All Androids now including his have gone to USB-C, so no more MHL.

What you need to be looking for is called "alt mode" over USB-C, which lets you use HDMI adapters. And yes unfortunately, as the Galaxy A series are Samsung's low cost line, they've left out this functionality. It's on the Galaxy S and Note lines.

It is however, on Huawei's P line. I've had a great time with it on my Huawei P20. It's a bit older now, but still quite capable, and you can pick it up cheap. Or go for an older Galaxy S. If you do, I highly recommend the Baseus "Superlative Multifunctional Hub", which gives you HDMI, 2 full USBs for peripherals, a card reader, and USB-C for charging.

Or to stick with your phone, you won't be able to use an adapter to a TV, but rather a wireless connection like Chromecast.

• 10 months later...

How did you connect your A70 to a TV or monitor via cable? I have an A70 with a blank screen while the phone is still working and need to do that if possible to avoid paying for another screen to recover files, contacts etc. If you solved the issue given the phone does not have the capability to just use the USB-C to HDMI cable, please let me know.

Thanks