What is your opinion about this photo ?

The Theory

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Some people, most it seems to me, are special.

This kind of person probably.........

.......talks very loudly on the assumption people want to hear what fascinating things they have to say.

......puts their mobile onto speaker when they get a call so you can hear the other person

......plays music at full volume and thinks nothing of the fact it annoys the hell out of his neighbors.

I bet he has a dog that barks all day long.

You forgot "Complains about Thai drivers constantly"

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

I don't see why you felt the need to share this with us. I see a foreigner following social distancing, why would he stop half a meter next to others when there is a lot of free space in front? Good job for protecting everybody from Covid.

He should obviously put on a helmet though. Has this been your first time in Chiang Mai? I regularly see people doing the same at this intersection.

If somebody wants to have a laugh i recommend to go to this intersection a bit up the super highway before Central Festival:

u.jpg.44de8e4f2cb46cfc7c44bb84610fa25c.jpg

When doing one of the U-turns there (either direction) you have an exclusive lane to do the U-turn, you even have the elevated curb behind you, protecting you from lane challenged drivers, as you can see on this picture.

A significant amount of people are not able to drive around the corner while staying in this lane. Instead they decide to stop at the location which I marked with red, until the other lanes are free, and then continue to turn using up half of the next lane. The first two times or so when this happened i nearly rear ended them because they just hit the brakes and I totally didn't expect it. They could just turn the steering wheel a bit further (even with a pickup that's no problem, it's definitely not a tight turn) and continue. Now I'm aware of this, so I'm always prepared that they might stop there for no reason.

This kind of problem could have been avoided if the engineers had extended the concrete divider a few car-lengths, making an island to the right of the lower red mark or to the left of the upper mark.  Doing so should have made it crystal clear to drivers that they do not need to stop for oncoming traffic.

You must be new to Thailand as everyone wants to be first at traffic lights. Crosswalks also are very dangerous where I live as nobody stops for the people trying to cross. And if you do stop it can cause a accident or many dirty looks  from other drivers. God help us all!!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

I would like to ask, would you have took a pic if it was a Thai driver?

Thai or Farang, the skull is the same, fragile and exposed without a helmet.!

Mind you might not be much going on inside it, even less after he hits the concrete/bitumen in a crash.!

And as per usual we look upon them and wonder how they made it this far.?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Theory said:

He did not want to stop right next to others (were I was waiting for a green). It would be nice to hear what others think about this.

This photo is in Chiang Mai obviously with Maya Shopping Centre opposite the rider, this intersection at the end of the pedestrians has kerbed gutters, everyone does what he does, even cars stop at the edge of the pedestrians, is it right, NO, are there cops around, NO, welcome to Thailand, when the cat is away the mice will play as they saying goes.

This could catch on as a good excuse if ever pulled over by a cop, um, I was social distancing officer, oh ok, what about you not have number plate and no wear helmet, oh solly officer, here 200 baht for you ok, oh ok, Kop Koon Krup, you go now.......and take care ????

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This photo is in Chiang Mai obviously with Maya Shopping Centre opposite the rider, this intersection at the end of the pedestrians has kerbed gutters, everyone does what he does, even cars stop at the edge of the pedestrians, is it right, NO, are there cops around, NO, welcome to Thailand, when the cat is away the mice will play as they saying goes.

This could catch on as a good excuse if ever pulled over by a cop, um, I was social distancing officer, oh ok, what about you not have number plate and no wear helmet, oh solly officer, here 200 baht for you ok, oh ok, Kop Koon Krup, you go now.......and take care ????

The cops are further up the road as they love to nab tourists coming down from doi shutep on rented mbikes

I have run into many......also they used to set up right AFTER that light across from Maya --lots of chinese yen

Nimman pre covid aka the New Chinatown aka $$$ easy money for the cops-vendors-tuk tuk and songtaews

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There are 3-4 police sitting in this office, just to the right of the OP photo,  looking out at the guy.

The police didn't care, and neither do I.

police.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

There are 3-4 police sitting in this office, just to the right of the OP photo,  looking out at the guy.

The police didn't care, and neither do I.

police.jpg

That's odd, I zoomed in and couldn't see them. I guess you were there....  ????

• Sad 1