New Years Eve Countdown Pattaya.

banglay

Hello .. any new  updates or info for the protocol on New Years Eve / Countdown in Pattaya ...  I am leaving until last minute to book a hotel (still undecided) I don't want to waste my time or money if the only things on Pattaya's streets  is tumble weed blowing in the wind ...

Bet you a pound to a piece of doo-dah that the hoards still descend on the place for the next few days. Has inter-province travel been banned? Far as I know, it hasn't. 

Another thing, the house across from me which is inhabited by half of the village of the German guy who owns it, has been playing loud music and partying in the garden for the last couple of days. A case of the locals not taking this outbreak seriously. It's one of two in our community which farang built and then went away and left their wives in residence. Before you knew it, they'd sub-let it to half their home village. The majority of the community is farang owned executive houses, but we may as well be living in a kampong.

Edited by jesimps

3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Bet you a pound to a piece of doo-dah that the hoards still descend on the place for the next few days. Has inter-province travel been banned? Far as I know, it hasn't. 

Another thing, the house across from me which is inhabited by half of the village of the German guy who owns it, has been playing loud music and partying in the garden for the last couple of days. A case of the locals not taking this outbreak seriously. It's one of two in our community which farang built and then went away and left their wives in residence. Before you knew it, they'd sub-let it to half their home village. The majority of the community is farang owned executive houses, but we may as well be living in a kampong.

that sounds awful

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Sounds like the German guy passed away.  ????

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Countdown cancelled a week ago, and entertainment venues ordered to close at midnight, so I think Pattaya will be pretty much dead on new years eve

Entertainment venues are meant to be closed NOW..

Even 7-11 closed 10pm - 5am...

21 hours ago, banglay said:

Hello .. any new  updates or info for the protocol on New Years Eve / Countdown in Pattaya ...  I am leaving until last minute to book a hotel (still undecided) I don't want to waste my time or money if the only things on Pattaya's streets  is tumble weed blowing in the wind ...

It's slowly being shut down... expect tumbleweed.

18 hours ago, Susco said:

Thanks for correcting my post from 10 hours ago, when the lockdown wasn't announced yet.

There is no lock-down since people can still freely move around.... Curfew is for shops ( 5am to 10pm ).Bars closed, restaurants open for take away and no alcohol ban, so far. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 6:09 PM, banglay said:

What could Pattaya do for New Years eve that wouldn't draw a crowd of not socially distanced people? Especially if they are intoxicated. Any suggestions?