Pattaya deserted on what should be busiest week of the year, Thai media

webfact

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When you wrote 'irresponsible and self entitled person' did you mean customers?

Because without customers, there'd be no reason for her to go to work.

Yes, I meant customers who refuse to take take the vaccine, like yourself.  

58 minutes ago, polpott said:

Furthermore, you don't start shedding the virus until 2 or 3 days after infection, by which time the antibodies/ T cells created by the vaccine will have done their job and killed the virus. Ergo vaccinated people do not pass on the infection.

There is a window period in which the host is contagious, before the virus is killed by the antibodies.  It's this period of time that is the issue.  

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

There is a window period in which the host is contagious, before the virus is killed by the antibodies.  It's this period of time that is the issue.  

There isn't. There's a window before the virus is killed but there's a longer window before the host is contagious. 2-3 days on average.

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

There isn't. There's a window before the virus is killed but there's a longer window before the host is contagious. 2-3 days on average.

That would still make a period of time where the host is contagious.

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That would still make a period of time where the host is contagious.

No it doesn't the antibodies/T cells repel the virus within hours. The host doesn't become contageous for several days, Its a know characteristic of the Covid virus.

Edited by polpott

9 minutes ago, polpott said:

the antibodies/T cells repel the virus within hours. The host doesn't become contageous for several days,

So, the host does become contagious.  

Does it really matter when, and for how long?  the fact is, a vaccinated person can still be infected, and still effect others, albeit, for a shorter period of time, whilst not progressing to a debilitating infection themselves.  

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So, the host does become contagious.  

Does it really matter when, and for how long?  the fact is, a vaccinated person can still be infected, and still effect others, albeit, for a shorter period of time, whilst not progressing to a debilitating infection themselves.  

No the host doesn't become contagious if the vaccine does its job.

17 minutes ago, polpott said:

No the host doesn't become contagious if the vaccine does its job.

Many articles about it.  This is one of the more recent ones.  A random from the first page of Google. 

If you have a link to the contrary, please post it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

"The new Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna seem to be remarkably good at preventing serious illness. But it’s unclear how well they will curb the spread of the coronavirus.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19. That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus — especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks.

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk."

Edited by Leaver

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Many articles about it.  This is one of the more recent ones.  A random from the first page of Google. 

If you have a link to the contrary, please post it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

"The new Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna seem to be remarkably good at preventing serious illness. But it’s unclear how well they will curb the spread of the coronavirus.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19. That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus — especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks.

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk."

Very different to the AZ trials where everyone was tested weekly for Covid, When quoting efficacy, not one person  included in that percentage contracted covid. Those outside that percentage did contract covid but none became seriously ill. If The Phizer and Moderna vaccines followed the same efficacy code, it would mean that only 5% could contract covid and infect others, More than enough to enact herd immunity  and keep R0 well below 1.

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Very different to the AZ trials where everyone was tested weekly for Covid, When quoting efficacy, not one person  included in that percentage contracted covid. Those outside that percentage did contract covid but none became seriously ill. If The Phizer and Moderna vaccines followed the same efficacy code, it would mean that only 5% could contract covid and infect others, More than enough to enact herd immunity  and keep R0 well below 1.

Got a link?  

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Got a link?  

I watched a documentary on the development of the AZ vaccine on the BBC 2 nights ago. Extremely informative. If you have access to BBC iPlayer you should be able to find it. Did you know that back in January, when Oxgord University received the genetic sequence for Covid from China, they had developed the vaccine now being distributed within 48 hours, The rest of the time has been taken by upscaling the vaccine, the 3 stages of trials and verification. Amazing stuff.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Yes, I meant customers who refuse to take take the vaccine, like yourself.  

Nobody in Thailand has taken the vaccine.

I assume you're a single old guy living alone in a bedsit.

You have choices in whom you contact.

As a family man, my 9 year old contacts 50-100 unmasked kids a day in school.

My  22 year old daughter at work is in contact with 20+ people/day.

My  misses is self appointed village elder cooking food for the elderly and in contact with 50+ old folk a day.

I have no choice in my contact numbers as I am  intimate with my family members every day.

Would I change my life for your lonely solitary existence?

Not in a million years.

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody in Thailand has taken the vaccine.

Really?  I never would have known.  ????

Anyway, it's a moot point.  You will be forced to take it, one way or another.  Whether that be for a visa, or for travel, or both.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, polpott said:

I watched a documentary on the development of the AZ vaccine on the BBC 2 nights ago. Extremely informative. If you have access to BBC iPlayer you should be able to find it. Did you know that back in January, when Oxgord University received the genetic sequence for Covid from China, they had developed the vaccine now being distributed within 48 hours, The rest of the time has been taken by upscaling the vaccine, the 3 stages of trials and verification. Amazing stuff.

Ok.  I'll check it out.

So, if what you say is true, the Oxford vaccine is superior to the others.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Ok.  I'll check it out.

So, if what you say is true, the Oxford vaccine is superior to the others.  

I think this might be the documentary to which    @polpott   referred. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qdzd/panorama-the-race-for-a-vaccine

If so it's EXCELLENT, IMO...all the anti-vaxxers should watch it and then shut up whinging!

Edited by VBF
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, VBF said:

I think this might be the documentary to which    @polpott   referred. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000qdzd/panorama-the-race-for-a-vaccine

If so it's EXCELLENT, IMO...all the anti-vaxxers should watch it and then shut up whinging!

Thanks.  I will watch it in due course.

I wonder what vaccination we will get here, and when.  

• Like 1