Buyers market Samui?

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

I disagree. That is what makes us all unique.

Canada - you can keep it. Enjoy. I love being warm without having to cuddle a polar bear.

Clean air, clean water, nature, no filth, many sunny destination close by, 

I enjoy the four seasons!

yes we are different 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:45 PM, KarenBravo said:

Over the last 30 years, I've bought and then sold some bits of land, a very small condo and a town-house (in Thailand).

Every time I bought something, my friends and peers told me I had overpaid, or that I had been cheated.

Each time I sold and made a nice profit, these same people said that I was very lucky.

Make of that what you will. 

Same Karen. I have bought and sold in Phuket, Bangkok and Chiang Mai and have always made a profit, although that profit has varied significantly. 

You make your money when you buy the property. Buy smart and you should do well. 

I have heard the same comments since 1999 when I bought my first property in Phuket.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 7:35 AM, Tropicalevo said:

My investment here has now been paid back in full plus some.

Measured in what tho ?? Crypto ?? Gold ?? Equity markets ??

To have made money back after 20 years sitting on it (and who keeps a true cost accounting of every penny spent maintaining, keeping the company running, etc) is being paid back in far devalued currency. 

I am not averse to ownership, We / She has multi rai land, I am in the architect stage of a decent villa, but the economics of this plan are just horrible.. I have rented places of value 5 - 35 million, with rental costs of down to 2% asset value, in places where the landlords maintenance cost was a huge part of the rent they got. I see 30 and 40m asking villas for 70k a month !!  None of that is really good financial sense for the owner over having the assets in a simple equity tracker and total ease and peace. 

The only reason I am going to go into the process of a build, is to give the wife a luxury villa to grow older in and the peace of mind its hers.