Maps Of Thailand Cd

johna

I have been using Map Magic on CD to get around but the map is very poor once you get of the main road, I am looking for a better map on CD or anything on the Internet. there are pretty good maps and directions on Yahoo/Goggle for Europe America, is there any thing compatible for Thailand

I have been using Map Magic on CD to get around but the map is very poor once you get of the main road, I am looking for a better map on CD or anything on the Internet. there are pretty good maps and directions on Yahoo/Goggle for Europe America, is there any thing compatible for Thailand

Have a look at Road Map of Thailand by Thinknet available at many bookstores. They also have one for Bangkok and a couple of other cities but not (yet) Chiang Mai.

Other option is to look at the Garvin GPS, they have several in car as well as hand held models with Thai maps. Garvin have a Software package on CD which can be used with a PC and the GPS. Not sure of the costs and the details but find a place that sells them and have a look.

CB

Have a look at Road Map of Thailand by Thinknet available at many bookstores. They also have one for Bangkok and a couple of other cities but not (yet) Chiang Mai.

Other option is to look at the Garvin GPS, they have several in car as well as hand held models with Thai maps. Garvin have a Software package on CD which can be used with a PC and the GPS. Not sure of the costs and the details but find a place that sells them and have a look.

CB

Map Magic CD is the same thing as Thinknet (it's made by them). I just recently purchased their Chonburi/Rayong map CD and it's the absolute best I have ever come across, bar none. Easily worth the 359 baht cost. It's the sort of locally-produced software that I don't mind paying full legal price for and support their continued development.

While buying mine, I noticed that they DO now have a new Chiang Mai map CD for sale.

Edited by sriracha john

I just recently purchased their Chonburi/Rayong map CD and it's the absolute best I have ever come across, bar none. Easily worth the 359 baht cost.

Where did you buy it John?

from the chain store, SE-ED Bookstore.

Khob khun lie der.

:o

I take it that you missed this thread: ThinkNet Map of Chiang Mai

I did, I replied, and I am grateful for you putting up the information - this will be a must have purchase.

CB