Chon Buri police chief removed over gambling related COVID-19 infections in province

webfact

Chon Buri police chief removed over gambling related COVID-19 infections in province

CB.jpg

The police commander of Thailand’s eastern province of Chon Buri has been abruptly removed from his post for alleged gross negligence in allowing illegal gambling dens to operate, which are being blamed for the COVID-19 outbreak in the province.

Pol Maj-Gen Prakarn Prachong was transferred to an inactive post at the operations centre of the Royal Thai Police, pending an investigation, by order of the national police chief, Pol Gen Suwat Jaengyodsook, after a probe, conducted by the police inspector-general, Pol Gen Wissanu Prasartthong-osot, confirmed the presence of illegal gambling dens.

Pol Maj-Gen Thiti Saengsuwan, the deputy commissioner of Region 2 Provincial Police Bureau, is to replace Prakarn as the acting provincial police commander.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chon-buri-police-chief-removed-over-gambling-related-covid-19-infections-in-province/

thaipbs.jpg

It is all very well producing  local scape goat, but the reality is the illegal gambling dens (dens, I thought they were open air cock fighting rings,) are not where the virus came from this time. It came from illegal Burmese workers..... 

When will we see some reports of those employing illegals, and smuggling them in, along with the local police who facilitated the enterprise, along with those supposedly guarding the border, reported to having all been paid off. It's not all about one guy. 

• Like 2

i am more interested in this from the linked article -

Ten locations in Bang Lamung and Sattahip districts have been declared high-risk zones. These include several markets, food shops and the Boonthavorn shops, which sell construction materials and ceramic ware.

Would have been useful to have listed them all............

59 minutes ago, topt said:

i am more interested in this from the linked article -

Would have been useful to have listed them all............

Lots of lists floating around now... and growing. Very concerning....

A verbal one here.....

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Lots of lists floating around now... and growing. Very concerning....

A verbal one here.....

Thanks. Most of those were in one of the earlier newsposts. I noticed in this article they mentioned Boontavhon and was curious if Pattaya or the new one near Nong Nuch.

1 minute ago, topt said:

Thanks. Most of those were in one of the earlier newsposts. I noticed in this article they mentioned Boontavhon and was curious if Pattaya or the new one near Nong Nuch.

I got an impression it was someone heading North down Sukhumvit from another list I saw, and hence think the Pattaya Suk one. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Maj-Gen Prakarn Prachong was transferred to an inactive post at the operations centre of the Royal Thai Police, pending an investigation, by order of the national police chief, Pol Gen Suwat

Damned Covid spoiled the party.