If I choose visa exempt, would i need to send my passport to London Thai Embassy

-Seems rather silly to get normal Tourist Visa if can get 45 days + 30 days anyway with Visa Exempt now. 

-Would I have to send passport to london thai embassy or would I just get the visa stamp on arrival? Or would I still need to send passport for another reason?

-If anyone could point to a thread with step by step instructions on what the process is, that would be great. I cannot find that thread

Thanks

Edited by hydraides

Happy New Year. Greetings. 

Firstly you must apply for a Certificate of Entry (CoE) from Thai Embassy. At the sane time during your CoE application submission you must also submit together with an Alternative State Quarantine Hotel Booking Confirmation plus your COVID-19 insurance and Fit to Fly Certificate and your air ticket. All these documents must be presented at check-in counter before they will issue you a Boarding Pass.

If you are from Visa Exempt country that usually gets 30 days VISA Stamp on arrival...the Immigration at Airport (meaning you don't need to send your passport to Embassy) will add an additional 15 days to compensate the 15 days Quarantine hence you will get 45 days but able to extend when you in Thailand. Please visit Royal Thai Embassy website. (I may missed out some information). Wish you good luck

No need to send your passport to the embassy.

All you need to do is complete the certificate of entry (COE) application online after you have a ASQ hotel and flight reservation. Site here: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Some useful info is here on the embassy website. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stev Lam said:

Happy New Year. Greetings. 

Firstly you must apply for a Certificate of Entry (CoE) from Thai Embassy. At the sane time during your CoE application submission you must also submit together with an Alternative State Quarantine Hotel Booking Confirmation plus your COVID-19 insurance and Fit to Fly Certificate and your air ticket. All these documents must be presented at check-in counter before they will issue you a Boarding Pass.

If you are from Visa Exempt country that usually gets 30 days VISA Stamp on arrival...the Immigration at Airport (meaning you don't need to send your passport to Embassy) will add an additional 15 days to compensate the 15 days Quarantine hence you will get 45 days but able to extend when you in Thailand. Please visit Royal Thai Embassy website. (I may missed out some information). Wish you good luck

Fit to fly certificate AND negative rt pcr test?

9 minutes ago, Patjqm said:

Fit to fly certificate AND negative rt pcr test?

Correct.  From the Embassy website;

3. Fit to Fly health certificate, issued within 72 hours before departure – this is a statement by a doctor that you are free from symptoms and fit to fly (must be separate from COVID test)

4. COVID-19 test result with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure 

2 minutes ago, geisha said:

Can I ask for which reasons you might be refused by the Embassy and if so, what can you do about paid flights and hotels ? 

Only not providing all the required documents for the certificate of entry is the only reason I can think of. 

Or maybe a passport without enough validity for the length of your stay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sallecc said:

What if USA citizen is in China (applying COE online as visa-exempt), do they need to choose Chinese or USA embassy on COE website menu? (since it's all done online, does it matter where they are currently located?)

You have to do it at the Thai embassy or official consulate that you are traveling from. Part of the requirements for it is a flight ticket.

• Thanks 1

I think that you will find that any flights booked, Covid insurance policies, ASQ hotels booked will allow cancellation or change if you cannot travel because of Covid restrictions in your own (departing) country.

11 hours ago, Scofield said:

If your flight back is more than 45 days out they’ll reject you and ask you to apply for a visa.

I do not see anything about that on the embassy website. If needed only a one way onward ticket to anywhere would be needed not a visa.

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The airline might not let you board if you can't show a flight out within 45 days (maybe even 30 days, if they didn't update the data in their system yet).

But you can extend a visa exempt, do they not allow you to book a flight on day 59, or in this case day 74?

16 minutes ago, hydraides said:

But you can extend a visa exempt, do they not allow you to book a flight on day 59, or in this case day 74?

There is an official immigration rule which says if you arrive by plane you need a ticket out within 30 days if you want a 30 days visa exempt.

Immigration doesn't enforce this rule, but the airline might enforce it because they would have to pay if immigration would refuse you for this reason.

Edited by jackdd
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I do not see anything about that on the embassy website. If needed only a one way onward ticket to anywhere would be needed not a visa.

I’m talking first hand. For my CoE I had a return flight 60 days out and was doing visa exempt. They told me anything over the standard I had to apply for a visa.

Edited by Scofield

Here the source for the rule that you need a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days if you want to enter with 30 days visa exempt, which i mentioned before:

http://www.krisdika.go.th/librarian/getfile?sysid=683094&ext=htm (section 13.3.ค.1)

Clause 13   A visa exemption under Section 12 (1) shall be in accordance with the rules, procedures and conditions as follows:

[...]
(3) Holders of passports or passports, who enter the Kingdom temporarily for tourism under the following conditions:

[...]
(C) if entering the Kingdom by means of a passenger transport vehicle, an aircraft, a sea vessel, a train, a passenger transport vehicle; Taxi Car sightseeing service Or motorcycle taxi must have
1) Any ticket or travel document of the vehicle owner or the operator who has paid the fare in full. For traveling back out of the Kingdom within the time specified in paragraph two

Paragraph two as referenced there is this:

A person who has been exempted from visa inspection under (2), (3) or (4) to stay in the Kingdom for not more than thirty days from the date of entry into the Kingdom.[...]

Edited by jackdd